The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Post Your Movie Reviews Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Post Your Movie Reviews Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Post Your Movie Reviews Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote1010%Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote1040%Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote100%Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote1020%Post Your Movie Reviews I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Post Your Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Post Your Movie Reviews IVIBanner4Kopie

Post Your Movie Reviews Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Post Your Movie Reviews

2 posters

Go down

Post Your Movie Reviews Empty Post Your Movie Reviews

Post by Silent_Brad Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:48 am

Figured we needed a place to complain about or praise the latest films we've seen.

I'll kick it off with this piece of crap.

Post Your Movie Reviews Knowingposter08

(I'll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible)

Now, normally, I love Nick Cage. He's just so bad he's good in my opinion. The 2005 remake of Wicker Man is one of the most unintentionally funny movies I've ever seen. I wouldn't blame this mess on Nick Cage, though.

Movie starts out with a single college professor (Cage) and his son. Cage's wife dies while they're son is still about 6 or 7 it seems. Cage's son's school is going to open this time capsule left by some kids 50 years earlier. In this time capsle is various drawings and whatnot from the kids. Except, there is one letter that contains nothing but what appear to be random numbers drawn from top to bottom of the page by this supposedly crazy little girl. Cage's son, Caleb I think his name was, gets this letter and Cage finds out that the numbers actually lead to major disasters that have happened over the span of those 50 years while it was buried in the time capsule, but there's still 3 dates left on the paper that have yet to occur. So he gets that Nick Cage concerned face going.

You know, this one:
Post Your Movie Reviews 2hojmlw

And over the course of the next hour or so, he leads himself to the locations of the next 2 disasters. Then meets the daughter of the girl that had written the letter with the damn Soduku puzzle written on it. And this woman has a daughter as well. Same age as Cage's daughter and both the kids seem to get along well with eachother. Which will come in handy towards the end. Both these kids can hear these voices in their heads and these strange people that look to be Arch Angel from X3 after a week of binge drinking keep stalking Cage and his son. All of this happening while Cage is trying to figure what's going to happen on the last date on the paper.

Now, like I said before. I like Nick Cage. And I still liked him in this. I love his horrible acting the same way a guy into S&M loves to get spanked. And the woman that play's the lead female role was pretty lack luster. The whole film I thought she was Jordana Brewster (That chick from The Fast and The Furious), but after a quick google search a few minutes ago, I find her to be Rose Byrne. Only other movie I can remember seeing her in is 28 Weeks Later. So, she's pretty much an unknown. Both the kid actor's in the film are what you would expect.

The one thing I did really love about this movie was the art directing. It looked beautiful. Especially the disaster scenes. All of them were breath taking and kept you wanting more. I do have to say, though. After watching this, I really want to buy a Ford F-150. It seemed to me like Ford payed a bit of money for them to make that truck look awesome in this flim. Every 5 minutes you'd see Cage haugling ass around town in it. Doing tailspins and burnouts and weaving in and out of traffic. Another thing I didn't like about it so much was that the film moved a little too slow for my taste. I felt the whole story line of Cage's wife's death could have been completely cut out and would have probably improved the story. Leaving more time for more character development with Bryne's character. Not that I think this story could have been saved, mind you. The main gripe I have with the film has mostly to do with the last 20 or so minutes. I was enjoying the movie somewhat up till that point. It lost all credibility with me. It was very in line with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That's all I say.

I really disappointed to see that this was directed by Alex Proyas (The Crow, I Robot). This guy is capable of directing amazing films, but he just really didn't seem to apply himself this time. The script needed some major revisions. Stuff that a simple script supvisor should have caught and said "No, don't do that".

Overall, I'd give it a good 3/10. I'll probably never watch it again just for enjoyment. And with that I leave you with this advice.

Post Your Movie Reviews 25h0608
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post Your Movie Reviews Empty Re: Post Your Movie Reviews

Post by Paradigm Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:00 am

Ah, that's a shame. I thought that movie was going to be pretty decent. I love your review though, you have some interesting points. It sucks Proyas half-assed this movie, it might of been a lot better with a bit more thinking through.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down