The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Movie Reviews Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Movie Reviews Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Movie Reviews Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Movie Reviews I_vote1010%Movie Reviews I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Movie Reviews I_vote1040%Movie Reviews I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Movie Reviews I_vote100%Movie Reviews I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Movie Reviews I_vote1020%Movie Reviews I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Movie Reviews EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Movie Reviews EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Movie Reviews EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Movie Reviews EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Movie Reviews EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Movie Reviews EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Movie Reviews IVIBanner4Kopie

Movie Reviews Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Movie Reviews

+2
somedeadidiot
Spishnittlestick
6 posters

Go down

Movie Reviews Empty Movie Reviews

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm

I figured that it would be a killer idea to review movies that you have seen recently. I've watched sooo many movies lately, so I might as well talk about them Smile This post may be huge.

Unleashed - 9.5/10 - I really enjoyed this movie with Jet Li. I love great action movies, and this was done rather well in the fact that it is half action and half lighthearted. It brings out a much more dynamic quality in Danny (Jet Li) as you watch him fight and kill savagely, and later be taken in by a loving family who teaches him the beauty of music and life, all which influences him greatly. I definitely recommend it, it's good stuff Smile

The Boondock Saints - 9.5/10 - This older movie was recommended to me by our very own Darkest Rocker. I enjoyed this movie very much, as it has elements of action, vigilante justice, and comedy. The deal with this movie is that two very religious (and very Irish) brothers kill two guys who just happen to be in the Russian mob. They're seen as heroes by the public, and so they vow to clean up the streets of all the evil men. It's great, and like Darkest, I must recommend it Smile

The Punisher - 7.5/10 - This is similar to The Boondock Saints in the fact that the protagonist here is waging his personal war against evil men, but in this personal war is a personal vengeance. After an undercover mission which results in the death of one individual, Frank Castle is sought after by the parents of the casualty. Because of their anger, hitmen are hired to kill Castle's entire family, finishing with Frank. Of course, Frank doesn't die, he just gets furious. Suspected to be dead, he plots his revenge to make his enemy feel the same pain. It's a fair movie, and I am rather excited for the sequel, whenever that is out.

Chaos - 8.0/10 - I picked this movie up simply because I love movies starring Jason Statham. This movie has constant twists and turns with a clever plot line. It didn't necessarily astound me, but it was interesting to watch with strong references to The Chaos Theory (like...in the title? lol). You won't have a handle on this one until the end when everything comes together clearly.

Appleseed - 8.8/10 - This is an anime that was recommended to me by my pal Lindsay. It's an interesting story dealing with the co-existence of humans and bioroids (clones with suppressed emotions, more or less). There are some great action sequences in the beginning, but I wished that there was more combat with Deunan. Because of my desire for more well-animated combat, I'm going to have to put this just short of a 9.0. I would love to watch the sequel, Ex Machina though Smile

Jarhead - 5.0/10 - A military movie showing life in the Marines. I watched it, but it really didn't do much for me. I don't really care how many times Marines masturbate to pass the time. There wasn't any real conflicts between the US and Iraq, so overall, it was just kinda lame. It reminded me of Full Metal Jacket a little bit with the emphasis on training, but again...it just wasn't what I wanted in a movie.

Beowulf - 6.0/10 - I was suckered into watching this because of my undying love for CG films, but there wasn't anything really special in this movie. It didn't look as spectacular as Advent Children for graphics, and the story was pretty lame. It had the traits of a Greek tragedy, as Beowulf possessed a tragic flaw which led to his misfortune. The combat was weird (Why is Beowulf fighting naked throughout most of this?), and the whole movie just didn't feel gripping.

The Transporter - 8.0/10 - Another Statham movie. I enjoyed it. There were some great action scenes and a pretty good story. I can't say too much about it, really. It's a little over-the-top sometimes, but it's still pretty cool. Of course, Jason Statham plays a professional Transporter, but he ends up breaking some of his personal rules. There's some great driving if you're into that, and as always, Jason Statham is always intelligent in his movies.

The Transporter 2 - 8.5/10 - A little better than the first, with a similar story. Statham is still a transporter, but he was hired to take a couple's son to and from school. The son's father is rich, and becomes the target of a deadly virus, which is introduced to the family after the baddies get their hands on the child. Jason Statham goes for some more over-the-top action to save the son and get the antidote for the virus.

I've watched a few more movies recently too, but there's no way I'm writing any more right now, haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Movie Reviews Empty Re: Movie Reviews

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Stardust- 10/10 - Awesome movie...enough said. Highly recommended for anyone who likes mystical/romance movies.

Super Hero Movie- 5/10 - I only watched it because it had Drake Bell in it... It didn't do much for me....Kinda stupid.

Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 & 3 - If you haven't seen them, go see them. Now. NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Of The Rings(all)- 7/10 - Pretty good...pretty funny...just didn't do much for me. They're a bit long, too, if I do remember right.

Zeitgeist- 9/10 - No matter how many times I've seen it, no matter how free it is, no matter how interesting I find it, it still almost puts me to sleep.

The Dark Knight- 10/10 - I'll leave this part to Brad...
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:35 pm

I'm quite bored, here come several more Smile

First, my perfect 10s Smile

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - 10/10 - I must have seen this about 20 times, and I just bought it, so I'll probably watch it 20 more...at least. This is by far the best CG movie I've seen. Ever. Everything is just sooo spectacular. I remember I watched this for the first time the day a girl broke up with me. I was heartbroken, but this movie was soo...good...I was giggling with the amazing action in no time, haha. This is a must-see, and is at the top of my list.

Shooter - 10/10 - Unbelievable plot, amazing cleverness, supreme action. Mark Wahlburg is amazing in this movie. This is a sniper movie that was pulled off EXCELLENTLY. Another must-see. You'll love it, I promise.

Tommy Boy - 10/10 - What can I say? I don't think I've ever lol'd so hard at a movie, haha. This movie will definitely make you miss Chris Farley, but I'm sure you all do anyway. This is my favorite Farley movie, and is absolutely hilarious all the way through.

The Gladiator - 10/10 - Epic and earth-shattering. This movie wowed me, for sure. Amazing battle sequences and a touching story. You'll love it, I'm sure Wink

Die Hard, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard: With A Vengeance, Live Free Or Die Hard - 10/10 - Yippie Kay-yay, mother ****er! Smile All amazing. Watch them all.

I Am Legend - 8.0/10 - Not a terrible movie, but nothing astounding. I talked with my pal Linds and apparently they butchered the story. It just didn't feel like it was as good as it could have been.

30 Days Of Night - 6.5/10 - It was ok at best. The ending was WAY lame. Vampire cliches get kinda old actually

Underworld, Underworld: Evolution - 9.0/10 and 9.5/10, respectively - Disproving my above statement Smile Kate Beckinsale is amazing, and Underworld Evolution was really cool. Gotta love the Atreyu for "Her Portrait In Black" as well.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:53 pm

Cloverfield - 7/10 - It was alright, but I didn't care much for the video-taped theme. Plus, from what I've heard, it's a rip-off of Ground Hog Day or something like that.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Nim's Island - 10/10 - Don't really know how to classify it, not funny, not scary...just kinda fantasyish. PG or PG13, I think. Freakin' awesome. Love it. Highly recommended to EVERYONE.

Doom's Day - 11/10 - Just a few minutes into it. It's caught(and held) my attention for now. I'm pretty sure it's rated R, tons of gore. It's pretty cool so far. Okay... 2 hours? into it. I'm surprised I can look away long enough to type... Totally awesome. From what I can gather with my short attention span is that an area in Europe (big area) is quarantined and completely cut off from the outside world, and the survivors in the quarantine are basically all Gothic and punk and look pretty freakin awesome. Good movie so far, don't know about the ending yet. And I am SURE it's rated R... Nudity, language, gore, etc. Recommended for anyone who likes the Gothic/Punk styles and/or the Renaissance times, or Action movies.
Ending was okay.... looks like it can have a sequel.... better have one...

Growing up Creepie - Queued - Some Discovery Kid's film... It looks like it's full of stereotypes... I just wanna make sure.

Last edited by somedeadidiot on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm

What are the basics on Nim's Island? What kind of movie and such?
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:15 pm

somedeadidiot wrote:Cloverfield - 7/10 - It was alright, but I didn't care much for the video-taped theme. Plus, from what I've heard, it's a rip-off of Ground Hog Day or something like that.

Did I miss the part of Groundhog Day where Bill Murray is running from a giant monster?
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:23 pm

You don't remember that? That was my favorite part in Groundhog Day >_>
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:26 am

haha! Beetlejuice, is an awesome movie, um... 10/10. it's so 1980's.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:25 am

Totally agree with you there. It's getting released on special edition dvd later on in the year. That is definitely going to be a first day buy for me.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:41 am

Appleseed Ex Machina -10/10 - AMAZING. 10x better than the first. There's a LOT more with Deunan and Briareos, which really helps the story. It was really amazing. Lots more action, lots more everything. Wow. Smile It was GOOD. I think it gets room in my top five (which changes a lot, lol)

Current Top 5: [no real order, but Advent Children is def. at the top Smile ]

FFVII Advent Children
Shooter
Appleseed Ex Machina
Tommy Boy
Unleashed
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Eh.. my little brother is watching the Spongebob movie. I give it a -3
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Hahaha stfu.
I've seen the Simpsons Movie like twenty times now. I give it a ten. Funny ass shit.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down