The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote1010%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote1040%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote100%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote1010%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote1020%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote100%Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 IVIBanner4Kopie

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers

+13
Taylawr
Darkest Rocker
somedeadidiot
fuzzy
icesniper
dolphingirl
Cjanz
JakeTheSnake
Donald Williams
Silent_Brad
Apollo
VioletVenom
Spishnittlestick
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Empty Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers

Post by Spishnittlestick Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

After joining Peta2 to help stop events such as the Alaskan Seal Hunt and Dog Fighting (and trying to win free stuff, lolz), I have been in some very heated discussion because I'm not a vegan or vegetarian. These guys are brutal when it comes to defending their lifestyles and policies. I highly dislike being force-fed what they claim is right, and I've backed up my side with biological proof and evidence (the particular post in which I invested the most time can be found HERE And I'm the user Spishnittlestick. What do you guys think? Do we have any Vegans/Vegetarians here? Or any views towards eating meat products?
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Empty Re: Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers

Post by Donald Williams Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:18 pm

I really think when i get older I will give up meat altogether. Save for fish, (Whatever is left of them Sad )
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers - Page 4 Empty Re: Vegan/Vegetarian Lifestyles Vs. Meat Consumers

Post by Taylawr Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:16 am

When I escape the pressure of my dad's thumb, I will never eat beef or pork again. We make roast, and hamburgers, and steak, and sausage, and pork chops, and it's disgusting. I can hardly make it through the entire meal.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:57 am

Taylawr wrote:When I escape the pressure of my dad's thumb, I will never eat beef or pork again. We make roast, and hamburgers, and steak, and sausage, and pork chops, and it's disgusting. I can hardly make it through the entire meal.

Why wait? Trust me when I say that you won't have it worse than I did xD My parents are probably the least-supportive people you will ever meet, and I'll leave it at that.

And why stop with beef and pork? Chickens are treated horribly too, as are fish.

http://www.goveg.com/feat/chewonthis/index.asp
http://www.meat.org/ (graphic as hell, I'm warning you ... but also very crucial in gaining a strong opinion.)
http://www.aapn.org/vegstats.html
http://home.netcom.com/~axleplus/stuff/veggie/vmyths.html
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/get-the-facts-about-vegetarian-diets

If you want any help, hit me up with a PM or AIM or Myspace or Facebook or anything. I had a few friends help me in my change to vegetarianism, and I've helped two other friends go vegetarian, and stay with it. I love helping where I can, so if there's anything to do, and that includes speaking with your father, I'm totally up for it to save YOUR health and the health of the animals.

My parents were NOT going to tolerate it, and they got VERY nasty towards me. I had to get in contact with my vegetarian aunt to tell them what was up xD

Sometimes you just need to have the right person with the right information Smile

I'll write something and email it to him if you like, or I can upload a video I made for health on vegetarianism for his viewing.

Anything I can do to help, I truly believe this is the right way to go Smile

I said the same thing you just said. "I'll go vegetarian when I'm out of the house." Then I couldn't wait. Then I said, "I'll go vegan when I'm in college.: Well ... it looks like that might just happen a year early, too xD
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Oh, wow. Thank you for these websites. I am in a transition of sorts right now, and slowly I'm phasing in my own ideas of nutrition over my father's. I wouldn't mind a little advice though, thanks! It's cool to see someone so intent on this choice of lifestyle, it's comforting.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Taylawr wrote:Oh, wow. Thank you for these websites. I am in a transition of sorts right now, and slowly I'm phasing in my own ideas of nutrition over my father's. I wouldn't mind a little advice though, thanks! It's cool to see someone so intent on this choice of lifestyle, it's comforting.

I really try not to be pushy, but informative and respectful of the choices of others. However, I am very passionate about the lifestyle, and I really strive to help everyone I can explore the option to see if it's right for them.

I know what you mean by the transitioning.

First I started cutting back on meats.

Then I started getting meal alternatives.

Then I just stopped eating meat and picked up some veggie foods.

Which brings me to my next point!

www.morningstarfarms.com

you WILL find food that you like. To start out with, get things like Veggie Corn Dogs and Veggie Chik'n (nuggets, patties, tenders, whatever.) Those were my two favorites. The hot dogs are good, the Hickory BBQ ribletts are great. I'm not so much into veggie burgers, personally, but I have some friends that love them.

One of my other friends has been considering the whole veg thing, so I brought some veggie chik'n nuggets in for him today. He said that they tasted better than real chicken xD

And it's not hard to find, Morningstar and other meat alternatives can surely be found in virtually all grocery stores. I had veggie corn dogs before even going vegetarian xD Yum! This way you get all the proteins and nutrients with about half of the fat or less xD.

Veggie Bacon is good, too.

Plus! When you go vegetarian, your appreciation for fruits and veggies gets much more pronounced. Since I've been pushing for vegan, I eat SO many fruits and vegetables in a given day...

Everything should be good, but if you want to make sure you're still getting all of the necessary nutrients, there are all sorts of supplements that you can find in vitamin or health stores. I have some vegetarian supplements with a bunch of great vitamins, without milk or milk derivatives, artificial color, or artificial flavor. They're a little big though, so they may be intimidating, but I deal with it Smile

And I know this is comforting. I was very close with a vegetarian girl, so I picked a few things up from her. In addition, I have a few vegetarian relatives, and a bunch of other great vegetarian friends around the world Smile It makes a difference, trust me. It makes it a lot easier when you go vegetarian with someone, too.

Hope this is helping you get in the right direction Wink
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 pm

I've started to eat chicken now, skinned boneless chicken that is roasted is wonderful! I've been working out a lot lately. These chicken breasts I've been buying at the market are 130 calories and 25 grams of protein a boob! Very healthy. Only 2 grams of fat as well.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Aw, Melly! And you were so close to vegan.

Tsk tsk.

Punishment:

I'm a vegan now, btw Smile
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kissthezombie Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:58 pm

I like meat. I'm not going
to lie, i eat it alot.
But i really don't like
how the animals are treated.
its like a horror movie.
but i believe some animals
were made to be eaten.
anyways, i just want to say kudos
to all the vegeterians and vegans!
kissthezombie
kissthezombie

Female
Interests : music! unicorns, reading, writing, and daydreaming
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 pm

kissthezombie wrote:
but i believe some animals
were made to be eaten.

I disagree with you sooo very much.

No animal deserves to be fed drugs and hormones, bred tirelessly, removed from young, and exploited, all before meeting their end in pain.

Animals weren't made. They evolved. Then humans claimed superiority and figured it was ok to exploit the "lesser" creatures (many with senses much more developed than our own) for profit.

Thanks for at least showing respect for those of us out there working to bring an end to this madness.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum