The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by dolphingirl Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:11 pm

Oh, your right. She DID pray... AFTER she saw The Blessed Mother the first time. Yep. She prayed the Rosary so that she could see her again. But The Blessed Mother TOLD her to! But do you think that Lucia, Fransisco, and Jacinta prayed for the sun to dance?! Just out of the blue asking God to make the sun dance? And do you think that they would risk going to jail and people thinking they were insane unless The Blessed Mother told them to go back to the field everyday? They SAW The Blessed Mother and that in itself is a miracle.
dolphingirl
dolphingirl

Female
Interests : Friends, Animals, Computer
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 pm

You want more? You worship your precious science and modern medicine? Fine, convince me. Tell me how all this, everything you see, tell me how it got here....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:40 pm

macncheese101 wrote:You want more? You worship your precious science and modern medicine? Fine, convince me. Tell me how all this, everything you see, tell me how it got here....

This is actually a really cool concept. After the universe was created from the big bang, the earth was formed from coalescing gas and rock. Starting out, there were inorganic compounds, which provided elements needed for organic compounds later.

The conditions on earth were pretty intense. Boiling waters, barren rocks, constant lightning, etc. It was known as the "Hot Soup" or "Primeval Soup".

These molecules clustered together to form coacervates, which are protein-like substances that displayed the first signs of life. They started to grow, and eventually, a mutation that Richard Dawkins called 'The Replicator' began to copy its DNA and reproduce. This may sound like a long shot, but considering there were sooo many years involved, one random mutation isn't that hard to believe. Eventually, these things supplemented additional compounds by the process of nutrition, and even began releasing energy through respiration!

This sounds pretty strange, maybe. But Stanley Miller and Harold Urey made an experiment to prove it!

See the amino acids? They're the building blocks of proteins, which on earth mutated into other replicators for competition!

Another point would be the Heterotroph Hypothesis. The main gases of early earth did not contain CO2, so Heterotrophic respiration started (Finding and consuming food). There was no O2, so Anaerobic respiration was needed for energy. Doing so put CO2 into the atmosphere. From here, Autotrophs could make food themselves, and with these processes, O2 was released for Aerobic respiration. Organisms just got more and more complex, and that's how stuff got to how it is today. It happened slowly and steadily throughout 4.6 Billion years or so.

Ta da. Evolution, in a nutshell.

I'm going to give credit to my Bio teacher, Mr. McCarthy for excellent note outlines.
And of course, Richard Dawkins and his book The Selfish Gene
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:47 pm

So...basically....after a random explosion, everything just magically fell into place? And if the Earth was "primeval soup" (boiling water, lightening, etc.) how did it get to the point where it could support life? Was that magic too? Did flowers, trees, animals, etc. just one day appear?
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:02 pm

You see, as the years progressed, the organisms modified their environments to better support life. It's like the Heterotroph Hypothesis: One thing leads to another and things get more and more complex. This question is mostly ecology and ecological succession. It is like it is in nature: Barren lands with rocks and other such grounds are places for mosses and lichens. These basic plants modify the environment to make room for another community, usually consisting of grasses and shrubs. These add organic material to soil, making the environment easier for trees to grow, and eventually you're at the climax community.

Nothing happened "just one day", that is the religious view of things. Science shows that everything happens slowly and in succession.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Ah ah ah. In religion, it was 7 days, well 6...but that's besides the point.

Alright, so what I'm getting is evolution? Humans and plants and animals and everything started out as bacteria and then slowly and gradually evolved into what they are today, right? You're into science, you know how complex the human body is. How could something like that be the result of evolving bacteria? Bacteria are one celled organisms, whereas we are many celled organisms. If you expect me to believe that all our organs, bones, etc. came from a little one celled bacteria, then you, yourself, are asking me to believe in miracles because that in itself is pretty miraculous. If it were true, it would be one of those things that would just make you stop and say "wow".
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I must say, it was one hell of a process, lol.

A lot of it was environmentally set up. It wasn't that organisms needed something, and got it, but a random freak got a valuable trait, survived and reproduced to pass it on. Eventually, the best adapted passed on their traits, leading to evolution, etc etc.

Things got more and more complex little by little. There were single celled organisms, creatures like the hydra with two cell layers, eventually leading to multiple cells. It's all about what was most practical.

Look at the lungs of a human. Sure, not all creatures have lungs, but a bunch of organisms do the process of respiration (The Breathing Process [another pun for Connor] and not the process of releasing energy). Respiration requires a moist respiratory surface. The respiratory surface of different creatures will vary. Fish have gills, earth worms use their skin, and humans have their lungs. None of these randomly spawned, but each of these creatures got the 'newer model' from their ancestors, each benefiting them more and more.

Remember: It's all slowww and gradual.

Sure, it may be hard to believe, but how does the rib from a man spawn a woman with a different genetic makeup? How does a man walk on water? How does a whole sea become parted? Will power? Come on, now, that's mildly ridiculous.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:34 pm

It's becoming more and more obvious that you don't want to be convinced of God's existence, you just want a chance to argue and flaunt your big scientific brain in front of the world. None of what you said has struck anything in me and my belief in God has not been shaken a bit. You may see walking on water and parting the sea as ridiculous but I see it as miraculous. I like knowing there is someone up there looking out for me. And you know what, He's looking out for you, too, whether you believe it or not. I live in this mindset where I think everyone has the right and the privledge to believe (or not believe) in whatever they want to. You can go ahead and be an atheist and I won't have a problem with it. The problem only arises when you try to start arguments and tear down other people's faith. Allow us to believe in God and we'll allow you not to. That's the beauty of living in this country with that kind of freedom.
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Bah. There's reason to believe that we didn't evolve, we arrived. (This is where Christians MIGHT agree.)

We're aliens. (This is where very few of you might agree.)
Go ahead, say it. "He's insane." But how many insane people realize that they are insane? I just might be the sanist one here. Anyways...

According from what I've heard and read about, there is supposably a giant crater somewhere in the ocean from a meteor or whatever that we "arrived" here on. I don't know the whole story, but it could have started 1 of 2 ways.

1. We arrived in some high-tech-space-ship-thingy-ma-bobber in a crash landing, before then, we may have been smart, but the trauma from the crash may have made us really stupid. We've progressed since then, but not very much.

2. We arrived on or in a meteor as stupid little cave-men, cave-women, and cave-childern, and got smarter as time went on and we adapted to our environment.

And, since then, we've forgotten about it...Or have we? You tell me that this is 100% impossible. Prove me 100% wrong. Show me physical(not digital) pictures of every square inch of the ocean floor and prove to me that a crater never could have hit there.

And, on a side note to all you Christians out there. Your precious Jesus was not white, and he was not the son of god.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 pm

somedeadidiot wrote:Bah. There's reason to believe that we didn't evolve, we arrived. (This is where Christians MIGHT agree.)

We're aliens. (This is where very few of you might agree.)
Go ahead, say it. "He's insane." But how many insane people realize that they are insane? I just might be the sanist one here. Anyways...

According from what I've heard and read about, there is supposably a giant crater somewhere in the ocean from a meteor or whatever that we "arrived" here on. I don't know the whole story, but it could have started 1 of 2 ways.

1. We arrived in some high-tech-space-ship-thingy-ma-bobber in a crash landing, before then, we may have been smart, but the trauma from the crash may have made us really stupid. We've progressed since then, but not very much.

2. We arrived on or in a meteor as stupid little cave-men, cave-women, and cave-childern, and got smarter as time went on and we adapted to our environment.

And, since then, we've forgotten about it...Or have we? You tell me that this is 100% impossible. Prove me 100% wrong. Show me physical(not digital) pictures of every square inch of the ocean floor and prove to me that a crater never could have hit there.

And, on a side note to all you Christians out there. Your precious Jesus was not white, and he was not the son of god.

No.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 pm

To which part?
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 pm

You guys are all wrong, I and many others have accepted that the Flying Spaghetti Monster has created everything in this world, and he has blessed us with much scientific evidence to prove his existence easily.

I will tell you a little more about the glorious flying spaghetti monster. Long ago he created this earth, but of course, none of us were around to see it, but lucky for us, we have many written accounts of it. There are several written accounts of his extraordinary power. What many people do not understand is that the spaghetti monster built the earth to make people think it is older than it really is. Through carbon dating we can measure that the carbon is 100,000 years old, what is not taken into account is that the spag monster is changing the results that our eyes see. Why? there are several written accounts of why he may do this. Luckily, I have included artwork drawn right as the flying spaghetti monster was creating a mountain, trees, and a child, in the midst of him creating us all.

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Him210

Now, all of you who are doubters, if you cannot prove me 100% wrong, thats all the proof you need to join me and become a pastafarian like the 10 million others who have seen the light. Wink

Last edited by Donald Williams on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm

somedeadidiot wrote:To which part?

Every part. Except that last bit about Jesus Christ.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Idiots. Think big. THINK BILLIONS OF YEARS. Evolution makes perfect since when drawn out over that time span.
Idiots. The earth is not 10,000 years old. Radioactive dating works, because radioactive isotopes break down at an exact rate.

STOP CHANGING THE SUBJECT, maybe respond to my bible verses. And don't bust out the "its out of context" bullshit, because it isn't. Scouts honor? O wait.. the boy scouts don't accept atheists, even though they recieve PUBLIC FUNDING.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Cjanz wrote:
somedeadidiot wrote:To which part?

Every part. Except that last bit about Jesus Christ.

You callin' me crazy? Jedi is an actual religion!!!!

(I wondered how there was a world in my stomach...Is it possible to eat the Great Spaghetti Monster?)

Last edited by somedeadidiot on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:09 pm

STAY ON TOPIC.

Prove god, not discuss him/she/it/food/my..:O
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 pm

My fifth cousin's stepdaughter three times removed by marriage, divorce, and a very questionable chicken salad is a pastafarian and she says hi.
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm changing my religion from Agnostic to Norisan. And I CAN prove my god is real!!!!
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Then do it.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:24 pm

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 4 Chuckn10
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 pm

dude... Rambo kicked his ass.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Fine, I'll be a Ramboian....
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 pm

BOOM HEADSHOT!!

So basicly... the religious side has rolled over and played dead.
ATHEISTS WIN... again? big surprise.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Parteh?
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:36 pm

We haven't rolled over and played dead, we just don't think that religion is an issue worth arguing about. We can talk about it until we really do die but once your belief is firmly set in something, there's really no changing your mind. You guys can believe in science or pasta or Rambo or aliens or whatever else and we can believe in God. That's the beauty of living in a free world.
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next