The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm

I love Carlin.

I was wicked upset when he died.

The full portion of that quote is:

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man - living in the sky - who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and every 'til the end of time . . . But He loves you! He loves you and he needs money!

I've got a load of other great quotes too from Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins. I ended up taking most of them off my facebook though b/c I have too many Christian friends and I didn't want to offend anyone.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 3 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:09 pm

I need to put the video up too, b/c Carlin is/was[Sad] so hilarious.

Here it is, but with posting a video in such an active discussion, I acknowledge the fact that it may slow things down a bit, so if an admin or mod needs to remove it, you have to do what you have to do Wink

Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm

I grew up with George Carlin. I always watched him on the Thomas The Tank Engine show. haha. I've loved his stand up for years. Still can't believe he's gone.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Yeah, it's hard to deal with, he was great.

Now...back on topic, please.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 pm

I still can't believe he did Thomas the Tank Engine that is a big WTF moment for me but this a religious topic so let's get it back on track!
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Dude... I knew about him before his death.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by icesniper Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:13 am

Well crud he just went against everything I believed in but god ain't going to kill people just to prove he's real. Just wait till the day comes when everyone least expects him to end the world...then every none believe will be ****ed.
icesniper
icesniper

Male
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:32 am

Well I guess we'll all see when that day comes.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

But if I'm right, you won't.
Death is death, no life involved.
Your mind ceases to exist and the universe keeps on going like usual.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 *kill the unbelievers*
Luke 19:26-28 *kill the unbelievers*
Qur'an 8:12-13 *kill the unbelievers*
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:55 pm

Exodus 35:2 Kill all who work on sunday.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 Kill Rebellious teens.
Leviticus 20:13 Kill gays
Deuteronomy 22:13-21 Kill non-Virgins
--------------
Leviticus 25:46 Slavery is fine, as long as they aren't christian
Isaiah 45:7 creates evil, he does all things.
--- HERES THE BEST ONE YET:D
Matt 21:22;Mark 11:24 Praying with faith that you will get something, and you shall recieve it
-------------------------------------------
Should I keep going?? I can if you want...

fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Go on. I need more proof that Christianity is a religion of hate and murder.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 am

Did you watch the video? It covers some more, in an "evil" way? lmao.
-------------------------
Ok, lets start at the top.
Genesis 3:2-6 Eve eats from the tree right, the ONLY THING god didn't want her to do.
Why? Because he knew she would, making him a malevolent, sadistic being(not all loving). Furthermore, being the tree of knowledge, he wanted to keep his toys ignorant of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 This god also makes people believe something that is FALSE, to give him an excuse to PUNISH them for not believing the truth. (I was like wtf when I read this)
---YAY, old school abortion is a misdemeanor, not murder.---
Exodus 21:22-25 If men hurt a woman and cause her to miscarriage, they are fined according to what the judges determine.
--More pro choice....
Ecclesiastes 6:3-5 "...an untimely birth is better off than he..." its in context, if you don't trust me, look it up, thats just the "meat" of the verse.
--and more..
Jeremiah 20:14-18 "...let him hear a cry in the morning and an alarm at noon, because he did not kill me in the womb..."
----RESPECT FOR WOMEN----
Genesis 19:4-8 "...I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof." (Yah.. I know ****ed up. LOVE AND PEACE EH?!?{traded for your daughters virginity ..)

OK I STILL HAVE MORE, make a request and I'll keep on going. Mr. Icesniper.. I think you're misinformed and should do some research before you start making challenges to me. To everyone else, CHEERS

cheers

Last edited by fuzzy on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 am

Yo, Mr. Spellcheck!!!!

chellanges
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Haha, funny.

Why does everyone always resort to checking grammatical errors in debate? Sure, errors are annoying, but look at the content first and make an argument for yourself (With or without proper spelling, preferably with).
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Ok, fixed. and still waiting.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Just keep on going.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:15 pm

OK! Twisted Evil
Numbers 5:17, 24-28 tells you how to find out if your woman is cheating on you.
Step 1: holy water in a earthen vessel + dirt off a pub/bar floor.
Step 2: woman drinks
Step 3: If she swells with "curse" she did, if not she will be fine, and have kids

Ok... I'm not even going to paraphrase this one.
Matthew 10:34-35
Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household.
-- BAM... I think icesniper just got headshot.

Matthew 13:49-50 when our current age comes to an end, angels will come down, take the "wicked" and throw them into a furnace

Numbers 31:17 {Moses talking} "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."
Ok.. from an atheistic standpoint.. having sex with little girls as a reward for genocide.. doesn't really seem right. but hell, this is the word of god! it must be ok!

Numbers 31:40 The women who had not known man by lying with him were sixteen thousand, of which the Lord's tribute was thirty-two persons.
--Ok... raping young girls, and sacrificing the ones you don't rape! just grand!
------------
Proverbs 23:13-14 states it is alright to beat a child with a rod, for you saving his soul from shoel

HERE COMES THE SHOCKER -- The word of god actually speaks the truth.
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. All go to one place, all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

hehe... I guess I'm good on the verses for now... I'm sure if any of these "Christians" knew what they were believing in, or ACTUALLY READ THE WHOLE BIBLE, they would be a tad bit more SKEPTICAL on their "faith"
Maybe make up your own mind, and stop following the teachings of your parents parents parents!
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm

I actually have a personal experience. My little brother was born at 28 weeks, 3 MONTHS premature. The doctors told us over and over and over again that there was no WAY he would survive, no reason for it, no precedent for it, etc. The kid was only a foot long, head the size of a tennis ball and arms no longer than your pinky. Imagine how scary that is. There were machines breathing for him, feeding him, etc. He had respiratory issues, a skin disease called MRSA, eye issues, a hernia, and NOTHING that we could base our firm belief on that he was one day gonna come home with us. We prayed, yes, we prayed and you know what? He is home now, he'll be turning 6 in a few years, and he is the epitome of a healthy child. The same little kid that we were told by dozens of doctors had a 15% chance of making it 3 days has made it almost 6 years. You try to pin that miracle on "science"? There's no other explanation, no coincidences.

And you want us to prove that God is real? Fine. Prove to me you exist. I've never seen you but I have heard of you. Like the Bible, I read what you wrote but how do I know it was really you?
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:08 pm

And that proves what? That modern medicine is amazing?
That most doctors always tell you the worst?
That you had insurance to pay for it all?

And... 15% chance is not a miracle. A miracle is something that has 0% chance of happening, and does. Something that CANNOT be explained with science. And last time I checked, NO CHANCE and 15% are different.

You're so right dude, I don't exist. This is actually a computer program typing it all out.

Good try, but the wonders of modern medicine do not prove the existence of any god.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm

fuzzy wrote:And that proves what? That modern medicine is amazing?
That most doctors always tell you the worst?
That you had insurance to pay for it all?

And... 15% chance is not a miracle. A miracle is something that has 0% chance of happening, and does. Something that CANNOT be explained with science. And last time I checked, NO CHANCE and 15% are different.

You're so right dude, I don't exist. This is actually a computer program typing it all out.

Good try, but the wonders of modern medicine do not prove the existence of any god.

wonders of modern medicine my butt....they were ready to pull the plug after 10 minutes and only tried after we asked them to....15% is highly unlikely...and the whole prove you exist was just my way of showing you how you really can't PROVE something exists, you either have to see it or just have faith....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 pm

It's not the works of god, it's the stupidity of doctors. In WW2 doctors had more training than they do now.

Come on, fuzzy, I want MOARRRR!!!!!
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:40 pm

lmao ok.

Ok, buddy, I have an example very similar to yours. Its true.. I saw it in health class or some shit awhile back (trying to scare us all into their ways).. maybe it was discovery health? idr

A couple(not married of course) were having sex, protected, on the pill. She swears on her faith that she took the pill on schedule. But their condom broke... the video stated that he had used it correctly, that puts its chance of failure at 1-2%, and her pill was 99% effective. To even further the already incredibly small chance.. lets add in ovulation. Sperm lives 2 days inside a woman, her is fertile only 3 days a month.. so 5 days out of 30.. so thats 12% chance given a random day of intercourse during her month (since she wasn't keeping track).
99% Chance the pill should have blocked it
98-99% chance the condom should have blocked it
88% chance they should have missed her day..
SHE GOT PREGNANT... She didn't want it. She didn't pray for it. Would you call that a miracle? Over course not, because it does not serve your purpose.... and the fact that even though it is extremely unlikely.. it is still possible. Thus, EVEN IF SHE DID PRAY FOR IT, it is not a miracle.
BTW... the doctors said that it should have been impossible. but hell Doctors are ****ing stupid.
---------
Doctors said that I wasn't supposed to do anything physical with my should (screwed it over in football+ had surgery), ONE MONTH after surgery, I could bench 135... I wasn't supposed to be able to do anything like that for another 4-5 months. In my physical therapy they said I had healed faster than anyone they had seen(I got 6 weeks ahead of my schedule and they wouldn't let me go farther). STILL NOT A MIRACLE, and of course you wouldn't say it was, because it doesn't serve your purpose, BECAUSE I NEVER PRAYED FOR IT. Because I never prayed for it, you would never use it as an example.

Maybe next time, give an example that actually fits the definition of a miracle.
Give me an example that BREAKS the laws of science. Something that CANNOT happen without the help of an omnipotent being.

(is that good enough somedeadidiot ?)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphingirl Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Miracles don't always happen because you PRAY for them. Do you think St. Bernadette PRAYED that she would see The Immaculate Conception? No. Do you think she PRAYED that she would find the fountain of water that cured people of illnesses? No. She didn't. But it happened. And it was a miracle.

Try looking up St. Bernadette, or The Day The Sun Danced, or maybe St. Francis of Assisi. See if you think any of those are miracles.
dolphingirl
dolphingirl

Female
Interests : Friends, Animals, Computer
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:02 pm

You dissapointed me, fuzzy...I was wanting more bible quotes....

Dolphin, people know how to lie. She could have prayed and told people she didn't.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next