The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by Donald Williams Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 pm

You are very right, and know that much of the previous page was in fact sarcasm.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 5 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 pm

Lol I know I was just using it as an example.... Very Happy
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 pm

So....So....There's no Great Spaghetti Monster? Sad
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:17 am

There is if you believe there is....lol
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:19 am

Atheism doesn't make any sense...There has to be something greater than us! I'm not saying any religion is right...but I don't think atheism is honestly correct.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphingirl Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:39 am

Yeah, seriously. I mean come on and think people! There has to be a God. Even if you think that we are aliens think about who created the aliens? You can go ahead and think that Earth evolved from space, but who made space?! There has to be a God to make all of this.
dolphingirl
dolphingirl

Female
Interests : Friends, Animals, Computer
Registration date : 2008-07-15

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:56 am

You know... there is this thing called the big bang... that created EVERYTHING. A mass of pure energy infinitely heavy infinitely dense infinitely small. When it exploded it released some elements (mainly the light ones) (light ones are used in solar life) These elements then synthesized during the solar life, creating heavier and heavier elements. Space is infinite to us, but not infinite. It is expanding at a rate we cannot overcome with our current technology. Also, expansion means it must have all come from one point?

No the amazing thing about our universe is the laws make it so life can exist on its own, just not very easily.
For an example on this... when SPACE DUST has a consistent flow of plasma on it, the atoms and molecules start to align in.. get this... A DOUBLE HELIX. they start to make DNA! If the flow is continued the DNA strand actually starts to grow longer, more complex, ect. Are you saying that your god is doing that?
(this DNA is simpler than the most basic bacteria, don't think we created a human)
----------------------------------
And if atheism isn't right, and any religion isn't right. That then brings in abstract beliefs, and deism. Usually in these ideas of god, it does not interfere, it does not favor, it does not care. It either sits and watches us(but we do just die, no afterlife), or it is no longer "present" in a godlike form.
----------------------------------
I pointed out some of the most glaring holes in the worlds largest religion. (the verses) and still no one will bring them up again?
---------------------------------

To me... If your god is sooo obvious, so powerful, ect. It should be pretty easy to prove it? Something that is absolutely irrefutable had to have been produced in your gods history (of 10,000 years?). So is asking for this so big?
And maybe respond to the verses I pointed out, because... maybe its just me.. but they seem screwed up.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphingirl Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Where do you think the energy for the "big bang" came from? Energy doesn't come out of nothing. There HAS to be SOMETHING that made EVERYTHING! You are saying that you think everything formed out of one point in space? Am I right on that? If I am then consider how that one point got there. Consider how everything was made. How the very first atom was made. How do you think? Did it just appear? And don't go back to space or some great energy because something had to have made those also. What made the universe? And if nothing did then what could have possibly planned life? Why are we here if there is no God? If there is no God then WHATS THE POINT!
dolphingirl
dolphingirl

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:42 pm

dolphingirl wrote:Where do you think the energy for the "big bang" came from? Energy doesn't come out of nothing. There HAS to be SOMETHING that made EVERYTHING! You are saying that you think everything formed out of one point in space? Am I right on that? If I am then consider how that one point got there. Consider how everything was made. How the very first atom was made. How do you think? Did it just appear? And don't go back to space or some great energy because something had to have made those also. What made the universe? And if nothing did then what could have possibly planned life? Why are we here if there is no God? If there is no God then WHATS THE POINT!

There is no point.

That's the funny part.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphingirl Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Still. How was everything made? Explain that, please.
dolphingirl
dolphingirl

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:13 pm

I can't. Nobody can. It's as simple as that. How we came to be is just one of the mysteries of life that we'll probably never know.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:24 pm

dolphingirl wrote:Where do you think the energy for the "big bang" came from? Energy doesn't come out of nothing. There HAS to be SOMETHING that made EVERYTHING! You are saying that you think everything formed out of one point in space? Am I right on that? If I am then consider how that one point got there. Consider how everything was made. How the very first atom was made. How do you think? Did it just appear? And don't go back to space or some great energy because something had to have made those also. What made the universe? And if nothing did then what could have possibly planned life? Why are we here if there is no God? If there is no God then WHATS THE POINT!

This is what is really funny.. Maybe there is this possibility.. that JUST MAYBE!.. it was always there.
And if you're going to hammer the point like that... (hehe here we go.) DID gOD JUST APPEAR!?? FROM THE FIRST "GOD SPECK" WHO CREATED THAT!!?? WHAT MADE GOD?? and if nothing did is it possible we planned god??
Why did we create god if death is so simple? IF YOU DIE WHAT IS THE POINT?!?

-Religion is the humans response to something it does not understand. A "security blanket" that a baby has to have to sleep.

The point... what is the point of a gazelle grazing on the plains of Africa? To reproduce and die? They aren't smart enough to even think of such a question. But I ask you, what is there purpose if there is a god. What is there purpose without a god?

We're all animals. Humans are the only species that claim by living a certain way is "righteous", the only species that make incredible weapons to control millions of there "brothers and sisters". The only purpose in life is to continue the process of life/evolution/death.

I'm sorry if you cannot handle that. Maybe if you served in the trenches of world war 1 you would see the worlds true colors, as many men did. It produced the "existentialists" basically saying a person creates their own purpose in life, and don't need a supreme purpose to live a good life.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:06 pm

fuzzy wrote:

This is what is really funny.. Maybe there is this possibility.. that JUST MAYBE!.. it was always there.
And if you're going to hammer the point like that... (hehe here we go.) DID gOD JUST APPEAR!?? FROM THE FIRST "GOD SPECK" WHO CREATED THAT!!?? WHAT MADE GOD?? and if nothing did is it possible we planned god??
Why did we create god if death is so simple? IF YOU DIE WHAT IS THE POINT?!?

-Religion is the humans response to something it does not understand. A "security blanket" that a baby has to have to sleep.

The point... what is the point of a gazelle grazing on the plains of Africa? To reproduce and die? They aren't smart enough to even think of such a question. But I ask you, what is there purpose if there is a god. What is there purpose without a god?

We're all animals. Humans are the only species that claim by living a certain way is "righteous", the only species that make incredible weapons to control millions of there "brothers and sisters". The only purpose in life is to continue the process of life/evolution/death.

I'm sorry if you cannot handle that. Maybe if you served in the trenches of world war 1 you would see the worlds true colors, as many men did. It produced the "existentialists" basically saying a person creates their own purpose in life, and don't need a supreme purpose to live a good life.

I'm making a new religion.... Who wants to be a Fuzziest?!?!?
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:15 pm

There is a point to us being here. We are being tested to see if we can live to be worthy to live with God. This life, this time spent on this Earth that was created by God, is a time for us to prepare to meet God. I don't care whether or not you believe it, because you don't need to believe it for it to be true. We all get it, you don't believe in God and that's FINE, that's your CHOICE. Can we just leave it at that? Can we just say "I believe in God" or "I don't believe in God" without turning it into a giant debate? It's obvious that all you want to do is argue about this, you're not really looking for proof. We could drop it on you with a crane and you still wouldn't accept it. Just end this neverending God-bashing session and let those of us with faith go on with our lives.
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Prove to us that your god is real and we may decide to end it.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Haha, this is mildly ridiculous, maybe.

But really, whenever I'm engaged in a religious debate...there's so much more to consider. Even you as a believer may gain greater understanding with what you think is true.

Ever since Greek Mythology (and even before that), Gods and such were put in place to explain what couldn't be explained before (similar to the "security blanket" concept brought up). Now we have science to explain why the sun rises/sets, why the wind blows, etc. As more and more scientific advances are made, less and less needs to be explained by God.

I'm alright with religion, but to reference Richard Dawkins (again, haha), the problem with religion is that it doesn't urge people to think. People just believe, no questions asked. Science is much more valuable (in my opinion) because you get to question life, the universe, everything! I just love the scientific processes, it's much easier to see how things work than to just acknowledge a document that says what is what.

You may back out of this debate, no hard feelings, but I like to bring up views from all angles to help improve my understanding.

So what is the point of life? To me, the life of an atheist is even more valuable, because this individual acknowledges that it's [likely] all that he or she has. I'm pursuing as many things as I can, and I'm trying to live it up! I'm trying to understand everything I can, be the best person I can be, and hopefully make a difference, to a few people or to the world. THAT is the point. Live to make a difference.

What's the point of making so many preparations for an after life if you're not truly living this life? Like it or not, afterlife is NOT certain, even to the most devout believers. The life you are living right now is a real thing, so enjoy it! Cherish it! In my opinion, there's no need to spend time on religion...there simply isn't that much time to begin with.

Let's say there is a God. Are you sure the Bible is God's true document? What about the Koran? What about Greek Myths? Sure, Christianity is a big thing in the states, but otherwise you would be believing something else, most likely.

If there is a God - One that is merciful and all of that business - wouldn't he accept people into your view of "heaven" as long as their morals were good? Think about it, there are so many different ways to worship God or Gods, there's no doubt that some are simply wrong (if not all). Another point by Dawkins...sure, he as an atheist may be wrong, but all Christians may be wrong too, so what's the point of THAT? after all time and effort has been spent in Christian teachings? Of course you believe that they're true, because that's how it's been taught...but there's a good chance that it may be fallacy too.

So if there's a God or not, I really think there's no point in worship just as long as you're a good person. Personally, I believe there is no God. Truly, it makes no difference because I'm trying to be a great person anyway (without fear of punishment, without hope of reward)...isn't that a little better than to be good because of fear or hope?

Believe what you want, if it works for you, by all means, that's fine. If you need the bible or anything else to get morals, that's cool too, but just acknowledge that you may be wrong, and that atheists can be moral people too.

I realize that this is a little lengthy, but thank you for reading Smile

Be kind! Love one another! Razz
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:11 pm

....Wow. An ahteist that's NOT an ***hole....I gota get out more...
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Haha, gee, um, thanks!(?)

Smile
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:22 pm

macncheese101 wrote:There is a point to us being here. We are being tested to see if we can live to be worthy to live with God. This life, this time spent on this Earth that was created by God, is a time for us to prepare to meet God. I don't care whether or not you believe it, because you don't need to believe it for it to be true. We all get it, you don't believe in God and that's FINE, that's your CHOICE. Can we just leave it at that? Can we just say "I believe in God" or "I don't believe in God" without turning it into a giant debate? It's obvious that all you want to do is argue about this, you're not really looking for proof. We could drop it on you with a crane and you still wouldn't accept it. Just end this neverending God-bashing session and let those of us with faith go on with our lives.

So what about children that die of say... SIDS, or BETTER YET, a third trimester abortion? It says you're born into sin, so do these innocent babies going to go to your gods hell?

and if you have a enough evidence that it requires to crane to load it up... I will be truely impressed. BUT YOU DON'T! you have a book that weighs anywhere from couple ounces, to several pounds (font varies/page thickness), that makes magical claims. Maybe a tonka trunk crane...
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:30 pm

fuzzy wrote:Maybe a tonka trunk crane...

Don't diss the Tonka... And you're not the only one who'd be impressed.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I wasn't diss'n tonka.. using it as a size of reference. Since they are implying to have massive stores of evidence that no one knows about.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:37 pm

fuzzy wrote:
macncheese101 wrote:There is a point to us being here. We are being tested to see if we can live to be worthy to live with God. This life, this time spent on this Earth that was created by God, is a time for us to prepare to meet God. I don't care whether or not you believe it, because you don't need to believe it for it to be true. We all get it, you don't believe in God and that's FINE, that's your CHOICE. Can we just leave it at that? Can we just say "I believe in God" or "I don't believe in God" without turning it into a giant debate? It's obvious that all you want to do is argue about this, you're not really looking for proof. We could drop it on you with a crane and you still wouldn't accept it. Just end this neverending God-bashing session and let those of us with faith go on with our lives.

So what about children that die of say... SIDS, or BETTER YET, a third trimester abortion? It says you're born into sin, so do these innocent babies going to go to your gods hell?

and if you have a enough evidence that it requires to crane to load it up... I will be truely impressed. BUT YOU DON'T! you have a book that weighs anywhere from couple ounces, to several pounds (font varies/page thickness), that makes magical claims. Maybe a tonka trunk crane...

Like I said...

Be Kind! Love One Another!

Razz
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm

They can't love me. It states to kill non believers.

I can love them though Basketball
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 pm

I can't wait till Thor comes down from Valhallah with his Mighty Hammer of Justice and crushes everyone. NORSE RULES!!!!! <_< Ok I'm done.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next