The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote1010%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote1040%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote100%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote1010%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote1020%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote100%A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency IVIBanner4Kopie

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency

Go down

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency Empty A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency

We do not even know what we do to ourselves with the use of money and dating back to the root of mankind, we set the standard for greed and corruption. We sought rewards for our trouble, an exchange of hands in the form of trading items or precious coins. Personally, I’ve always considered what the world would be like without money, if currency had never once existed. The human being reserves its traits of greed and an almost insatiable hunger for power, but considering the possibilities of a world without currency, would these traits not be so prominent in modern society? I am not asking for a Utopia, because only in a Utopia where mankind and society are perfect can we ask for such ideals.

Unfortunately, without currency, we would have still developed a mechanism of corruption. I have concluded, though, that it could not have been as deceitful as the never ending desire for money. For without money in this world, what do we become? The answer is evident, but put yourself in a world where it never existed and you’ll find that asking the same question would be entirely redundant.

All of this is ties into our own destruction, giving birth to the very thing that will one day haunt us. I am constantly questioning such things, and I cannot help but refer back to becoming self aware. The severity of doing so is the string from which we dangle, for becoming aware of our surroundings and what we can do to fight off this infirmity is the only thing that may preserve our existence for an extended period of time.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

A Continuation: More Thoughts on Currency :: Comments

JakeTheSnake

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:36 pm by JakeTheSnake

Very well put, money is the root of all evil when you get down to it.

Back to top Go down

Cjanz

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm by Cjanz

Thanks, Jake.

This is only a fraction of the analytical input I've devoted to this.

Back to top Go down

Spishnittlestick

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:43 am by Spishnittlestick

I've written about the topic as well. You should look into a man named Jacque Fresco. He's given some EXCELLENT lectures/speeches on the topic. He's also the head of The Venus Project.

If you ever watched Zeitgeist Addendum, he's the older male talking about how the future can be.

My dad and I get into so many arguments about money, and he's so closed-minded about them all. He keeps saying "money drives the world." Agreed, but it's not the way it should be. Money doesn't drive me or motivate me or anything of that nature.

I hate money. I hate the concept of working a meaningless job for mere pieces of green printed cotton

So much would be better without money, but then people ask what could ever replace the monetary system. I pick a "Resource Based Economy."

Back to top Go down

Katelin

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 am by Katelin

We had a small discussion about this topic in my IB class. A world without money would appear to eliminate the constant need for private posessions. A family wouldn't need that that boat or a trip to Disney World. It would eliminate any class based consequences of money, meaning a person would not be viewed as better/higher than another person due to their income (unfortunate, really. It is such a disregard of raw talent). My teacher said that it would be much like a Native American society, and I find myself agreeing. That was the closest mankind has come to true communism- and of course, communism can't be seen as evil at all when pure.

Back to top Go down

Spishnittlestick

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 am by Spishnittlestick

Agreed, entirely.

I kinda posted a blog like this on my myspace. I'll revise it and post it here within the next few days.

Back to top Go down

Spishnittlestick

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 am by Spishnittlestick

Well, not HERE here, I won't steal Connor's thundaaa.

And I'm not going to lie, this piece is booming Smile

Back to top Go down

icesniper

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:43 pm by icesniper

I've been thinking the exact way you have Connor because i been day and night have been trying to,in my mind, build a Kingdom/Country where there is no money or even bartering. It not going well but i have leads. The reason is because some ppl in this world have to pay for such things as food and water. That's wrong, very wrong. I think those should be given to you for free anyway. It's stuff you need to live. The world is denying people the right live. Which is hypocritcal for the "Pro-life" ppl. I'm not going to rant on this comment any longer so i'll put up a couple of post in the near future of this and of the whole PETA thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down