The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The view from the cheap seats... Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The view from the cheap seats... Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

The view from the cheap seats... Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

The view from the cheap seats... I_vote1010%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The view from the cheap seats... I_vote1040%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
The view from the cheap seats... I_vote100%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
The view from the cheap seats... I_vote1010%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The view from the cheap seats... I_vote1020%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
The view from the cheap seats... I_vote100%The view from the cheap seats... I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
The view from the cheap seats... EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
The view from the cheap seats... EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

The view from the cheap seats... IVIBanner4Kopie

The view from the cheap seats... Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

The view from the cheap seats...

Go down

The view from the cheap seats... Empty The view from the cheap seats...

On a recent flight to Boston American airlines detained me for three hours and felt compelled to upgrade me to first class. I had seen the denizens of first class from behind but had never flown, driven, sailed or otherwise lived first class. As I sat in the wider, more comfortable seat, I had no expectations. As the free drinks and “mixed” nuts were offered, I pretended to expect the next thing. I tried to mimic the guy beside me because he seemed used to the treatment. Over the course of the flight came more drinks and then dinner. There were two choices and both looked delicious. I felt like a spy as I pretended to be casual with the coolest flight I’d ever taken. I kept thinking, “wow, I was always happy with a beverage and pretzels or a cookie.” I had no idea people lived this way! Even the magazines are different, with Celebrated Living, with it’s high priced vacations, yard ornaments and lifestyles on every beautiful page. I felt guilty thinking of my compatriots in rows behind me until I realized that I was their representative. I would spy on the goings on and report back to them. Well I’m here to report, first class is the life we thought we would get. Those hard working teacher friends of mine who thought that helping kids find their place in the world was work that society would find worthy should be enjoying this life every day! The hot towel, handed to me with tongs completed the treatment and I wiped my face like the man next to me did.
On the return flight, I will be in coach where I belong. I will get a beverage and even slightly different regard from the flight attendant. I will miss the feeling that I could do no wrong. In first class attendants are patient. They ask twice which way you want your coffee, with the same tome in their voice each time. I wish it was that way all the way to the back of the plane!
I love the blue collar workers who labor without the promise of a first class anything but just this once it was fun to feel like a first class human.
kevinh
kevinh

Male
Registration date : 2008-07-13

http://kevinhoneycutt.org

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The view from the cheap seats... :: Comments

JakeTheSnake

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm by JakeTheSnake

That's an awesome story man, it's great that you got to fly first class at least once.

Back to top Go down

Cjanz

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 pm by Cjanz

That's a truly interesting story. I never knew flying first class was so different, and to think that so many people never get to experience it on an airplane let alone anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 am by Guest

Damn. Now I want to fly first class! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down