The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote1010%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote1040%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote100%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote1010%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote1020%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote100%The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises IVIBanner4Kopie

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises

+3
MasonK565
JJwells
Donald Williams
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Empty The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Crazy rumors about the cast for "The Dark Knight Rises," the third of director Christopher Nolan's Batman films, have been going on for so long that Vulture's Lane Brown gleefully made fun of the phenomenon seven months ago. At that point, the following human beings had been connected to the sequel: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Johnny Depp, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Cher, Eddie Murphy, Rachel Weisz, Miley Cyrus, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. This is a natural by-product of the Internet and of the massive success of "The Dark Knight," which Nolan turned into one of the biggest hits of all time, in some effect, through the casting of the late Heath Ledger as The Joker. This is the most prestigous, profitable franchise in Hollywood, and everyone wants a part.
And today, for the first time, after all the rumors have dissipated, we know who the villains in "The Dark Knight Rises" will be. Warner Bros just announced that Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle, and that Tom Hardy, of Nolan's "Inception," will play Bane. Christian Bale will be back as Batman, and Nolan has said this will be his final Batman film.
Hathaway was one of the many actresses rumored to be auditioning for the film last week (a group that reportedly included Jessica Biel and Keira Knightley), and apparently she won over Nolan. (That she's at the apex of her career, with her Oscar co-hosting duties next month, doesn't hurt either.) This is the first time we've learned that Selina Kyle -- who is more commonly known as "Catwoman" -- will be a part of the film. It is definitely worth noting that the Warner Bros. release never says the word "Catwoman." That could mean that Hathaway will be playing Kyle before she turns into Catwoman, or that they're trying to establish some distance from Halle Berry's widely panned performance in her "Catwoman" spinoff in 2004, or that the studio is trying to play a little coy with the announcement of an iconic Batman love-interest-cum-villain.
Of course, Berry's not even the most famous movie Catwoman: That would be Michelle Pfeiffer, who was the highlight of the underrated "Batman Returns, Tim Burton's last film in the franchise, back in 1992. In that version, Kyle, a sheepish secretary, becomes Catwoman by being brought back to life -- after being murdered by Christopher Walken -- by an alley-full of stray cats. But in the comics, she's a street criminal with a tragic past similar to Batman's, a Robin Hood sort who steals from the city's wealthy and gives it to the destitute. That seems a more likely direction for Nolan's morally ambiguous Batman universe. And, obviously, the notion of Anne Hathaway in a Catwoman suit is not necessarily a negative one either.
This isn't the first time Hardy's Bane has been in a Batman film, though his appearance was far less memorable. In 1997's much-mocked "Batman & Robin," Bane was played by the late wrestler Jeep Swenson. In that film, he was Poison Ivy's bodyguard, but did little more than grunt and flex. The DC Comics version of Bane is far more layered. There, Bane is another Batman character who was doomed from birth. He was born and raised in a South American prison -- the law there required his father's life sentence for murder to be served by his son, which hardly seems fair -- he becomes a body-building strongman, along with a superior intelligence wrought in the prison library, simply to survive behind bars. He ended up running the prison's inmates, which led the threatened warden to force him to become a test subject on an experiment with a substance called "Venom." The venom makes him supernaturally strong, but he's required to take it every 12 hours, or he'll die. Eventually he escapes prison and wreaks doomed havoc on the streets of Gotham. In a way, this character is not all that different from the character Hardy played in "Bronson," Nicolas Winding Refn's 2008 film about England's most notorious prison inmate. This is certainly what Nolan had in mind by casting him.
It's not known whether the rest of the "Dark Knight" cast -- Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman -- will return for the film, but they are expected to. It will be released in June 2012, which should give everyone plenty of time to come up with a whole new roll call of rumors, now that this news dispenses with all the old ones.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/435-anne-hathaway-is-your-new-selina-kyle

Hell yes!! I have always been a fan of Anne Hathaway.

Last edited by Donald Williams on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises

Post by JJwells Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm

YES SHE IS NIIICGHT!
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Music, Hunting, Trapping, Internet, ect
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises

Post by MasonK565 Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Yes, that is awesome. She is an amazing actress and very good looking. I just can't wait for the villain. Can we make this the Official Dark Knight Rises Thread?
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:20 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/its-official-anne-hathaway-is-catwoman-and-tom-hardy-is-bane/142744/

Another source saying the same thing.

Tom Hardy as Bane, oh hell yes.

Bane is awesome, and hopefully this movie will do the character justice, unlike Batman and Robin.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 am

I would like to point out that the press release curiously never specifically said that Anne was playing as Catwoman, it only specifies that she's "Selina Kyle." This likely indicates that she will be catwoman, but, there's a minute possibility that she'll only play as Selina.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:30 pm

I am hoping that the Nolan's wrote in Bane breaking Batman's back, as in the "Knightfall" story arc, that could be a really tragic and beautiful end to the trilogy if they pull it off right.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Nolan writes his own stories though, he doesn't follow the comics.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Well yeah, obviously. I am not saying he needs to follow, I am just saying that would be great if he did add in that aspect from Knightfall. And The Dark Knight was influenced by "The Long Halloween," as Goyer said himself. The Joker in the Dark Knight was also influenced by "The Killing Joke" as well, as Nolan said it himself. Hell, the interrogation scene from The Dark Knight and The Killing Joke is similar. So while yes, the Nolans and Goyer make and write a new story, they are still influenced by past Batman comics. So the whole possibility of having some Knightfall influence is not out of the question.

I also hope to see another little cameo at least of Cillian Murphy as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow. I marked like crazy in theaters when I saw his cameo in The Dark Knight.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Haha, what's awesome is that a lot of bloggers predicted that Catwoman would be in this movie because of a single line from The Dark Knight.

Bruce- "How will it be against Dogs?"

Fox- "We talkin rottweilers or chihuahuas? it should be fine against cats.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Silent_Brad Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Tom Hardy playing Bane will definitely be interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Nolan fits Bane into the current universe he has going.

Ann Hathaway seems like a little bit of an odd choice, to me, but I trust that it will work. As for if she will actually become Catwoman in the film, I'd say it's pretty safe to say she will. Even if its dealt with like Dent/Two Face was dealt with in the last film.

But yeah, can't wait for this.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Silent_Brad wrote:Tom Hardy playing Bane will definitely be interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Nolan fits Bane into the current universe he has going.

Ann Hathaway seems like a little bit of an odd choice, to me, but I trust that it will work. As for if she will actually become Catwoman in the film, I'd say it's pretty safe to say she will. Even if its dealt with like Dent/Two Face was dealt with in the last film.

But yeah, can't wait for this.

Well, while Anne seems like a unique decision, I've pretty much thrown my full support after Nolan after seeing Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. The initial backlash against Ledger's casting was incredible, it's now hilarious to look at these reactions after seeing Heath's wonderful performance.

There were also questions surrounding Ellen Page's casting in Inception, however, I believe her performance silenced any doubters of that casting decision.

In Nolan I trust.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:59 pm

http://comics.ign.com/articles/114/1145394p1.html

A really good article, and can be very descriptive for non-comic book fans and could possibly give insight on what to expect.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:52 pm

http://www.comicvine.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-join-dark-knight-rises-cast/142779/

Hmmm, it seems that it is very likely that Levitt will join the cast for DKR, which brings the question, who will he play?
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:17 pm

MasonK565 wrote:http://www.comicvine.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-join-dark-knight-rises-cast/142779/

Hmmm, it seems that it is very likely that Levitt will join the cast for DKR, which brings the question, who will he play?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!

My apologies, I'm just over here, completely nerding out.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 pm

MasonK565 wrote:http://www.comicvine.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-join-dark-knight-rises-cast/142779/

That is amazing news! Also a little off topic but it has to deal with Christopher Nolan. Does anyone else think that Nolan was screwed over by not getting a best director nod for Inception?
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Hmm...I could see a couple of different scenarios.

First, I think Nolan has perfected the art of using two villains within a single movie, keeping that in mind, I highly doubt he's going to insert a third villain into the next movie.

So, considering this, I'm thinking Levitt could play Hugo Strange, and that Anne will only fill the role of Selina Kyle, (The press release never said she would play "Catwoman.")

Or, Seeing that Sal Maroni died in the last movie, Nolan is going to need to find somebody to take over the Falcone Crime Family, I think Levitt could definitely slide into this role. This scenario would allow Anne to play Catwoman, and also open up a myriad of potential storylines in the movie.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 am

Hmm, I could easily see Anne as Selina only, and have J G-L take the role of the family or Hugo. In Batman Begins, we and Liam as Rha's, Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow, and Carmine Falcone, so he kinda had 3 villains in the first one, so I think Nolan could pull off the 3 villain format, but I would much rather prefer 2 villains.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:25 pm

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Rumor-Names-Joseph-Gordon-Levitts-Role-as-The-Holiday-Killer/8392

The Dark Knight Rises Rumor Names Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Role as The Holiday Killer
February 10, 2011

Christopher Nolan has taken a "real world" approach to his Batman films thus far and there's no reason why he won't continue this approach for the third and final act, The Dark Knight Rises. That's why this new rumor, one of many we've been subjected to regarding this film, actually makes sense.
An anonymous scooper has dropped a note to CBM claiming that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is signed to appear in The Dark Knight Rises as Alberto Falcone aka the Holiday Killer. This character is the estranged son of former mob boss Carmine Falcone who appeared in Batman Begins as played by Tom Wilkinson. The rumor suggests Alberto returns to Gotham to take over his deceased father's crime empire and would likely cross paths with the Bat.

The source also claims Nestor Carbonell will return as Mayor Garcia, a character that appeared in The Dark Knight.

Nolan's Cinematographer has already gone on record saying he has read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and said it completes "a perfect trilogy" that works off of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. What better way to come full circle than to close loose ends left hanging from the first picture.

Gordon-Levitt also somewhat physically resembles the part of Alberto as it was drawn in the Batman comics. Take a look below and form your own opinion.

The Official Thread for The Dark Knight Rises 8392a10

As with any of the previous gazillion The Dark Knight Rises rumors remember this one is just that, a rumor. It just happens to make a little more sense than most that have come down the pipeline.

Source: CBM
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:17 pm

If this is true, then that is great casting for Alberto. Now would he actually portray the Holiday Killer as well? Or just the leader of the crime empire?

Quick Fact: It is said that Alberto's character is based off of Fredo Corleone form the Godfather trilogy.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Well if that's who he is really playing that was a perfect casting decision. I don't know who else he could possibly be playing.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah, Joseph as Hugo Strange would have just been...strange. I prefer him as Alberto.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JJwells Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am

This might be slightyl off topic but reading this reminded me of how much im going to miss Heath Ledger, he did an amazing job playing the joker he really lived the part.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Him living that part was supposedly unhelpful to his disposition. Weren't there reports about him having severe mental issues and the depth of that character pushed him over the edge?
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJwells Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Yep thats why he was taking the drugs. He got to far into the part and was having nightmares and other problems.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm

I know, what happened to Heath was a real shame. It was deserving that he won the Oscar for his performance. He went all out for it.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next