The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote1010%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote1040%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote100%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote1010%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote1020%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote100%And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 IVIBanner4Kopie

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

And I swear I'm not ADD...

+5
icesniper
Spishnittlestick
Cjanz
somedeadidiot
macncheese101
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Empty And I swear I'm not ADD...

Post by macncheese101 Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Today I was gonna go see Journey to the Center of the Earth, but this and that and the other changed my plans and I ended up going tire shopping with the family instead. "It'll be ready in about 45 minutes". Cool. So we did some Walmart shopping, went back to the tire center, and they hadn't even started. They said we could wait in the waiting room, which is a small square room with about 8 chairs, a vending machine, and a TV that plays nothing but golf. I was bored out of my skull. I ended up texting a bunch of people all this random stuff, but eventually decided I'd have a nice discussion with my little brother, Preston, about birds and fish. Here's sorta how it went.

Me: Do birds eat fish?

Him: I don't know.

Me: Ask dad.

Him: You ask dad.

Me: You're closer.

Him: Sigh. Dad?

Dad: What?

Him: Do birds eat fish?

Dad. No.

Him (to me): No.

Me: Why not?

Him: I...don't...know!

Me: You would think that birds would eat fish, or at least some of them. I mean, don't eagles swoop down and snap up a salmon or something? What do wild birds eat then? Is there like some birdseed tree that they just gather around and devour? I mean, I know it's said that the early bird gets the worm, but what if you're not a morning bird? What if you like sleeping in? By the time you get up, all the worms are gone. What do you eat then?

Him: Insects. Flying insects.

Me: What, like mosquitos? I thought fish ate mosquitos? And what about the fear of West Nile? Doesn't that affect birds and fish, too? Aren't they a little afraid to eat them? Well, I guess there's always flies, but flies eat mosquitos too. Did you know that a fly only lives for 36 hours? Why would they risk getting West Nile if their life span is only a day and a half? They've got to have like a wife and kids back home to think about...

Him: Flies do not have families.

Me: They have children, that's family. I mean, I guess they could go to, like, a fly doctor or something...

Him: There's no such thing as a fly doctor.

Me: How do you know? How do you know that flies aren't trained to be doctors and lawyers and architects and things like that? They could go to college.

Him: They only live 36 hours. When would they find time to got to college?

Me: They could do it online in one day.

Him: 24 hours?

Me: Yeah. They still got 12 left, which they'd spend passing along what they learned to their children so they wouldn't have to go to college. And then the flies would learn all these professions and build up this Flyopolis thing. But then, what if one of the flies ate a mosquito and got West Nile and liked the feeling, like how people do with drugs? And then he goes out and gets all kinds of infected mosquitos and starts selling them on the streets like drugs? What would flies use for money, anyway? I guess they could use dirt or something...

Him: They wouldn't use something like that.

Me: Yeah, probably not. But then with drugs on the street, you'd need police, which means they'd have to send another fly to college to learn to be a policeman...er...fly. College is not cheap, you know, and I don't think they'd accept fly money. I think that's why flies hang out in people's houses, because they're trying to collect enough human money to send a fly to college to learn to become a policeman so they can control the drug problem in their Flyopolis.

Him: I'm going to go sit somewhere else now.
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

And I swear I'm not ADD... - Page 2 Empty Re: And I swear I'm not ADD...

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

somedeadidiot wrote:
macncheese101 wrote:And you never know what a mama fish might do when a bird eats her children....never.....

I've done some thinking on things like that.
Please, bear with me, I'm questioning science in this one.

What if tumors and viruses and all that could think, and feel, and had little families? Seriously, science 'says' that something cannot feel without a nervous system or brain or whatever. But, what about plants? What if they could feel? What would it be then? What would something need in order to feel? "The sanctity of life doesn't apply to cancer cells, now does it?" Humans are cold-blooded, heartless murderers wether we believe it or not. Count how many mosquitos you kill tomorrow when you go outside.

Well, I've questioned similar things after reading Richard Dawkins's book The Selfish Gene

We are simply the shell built to protect our genes. It's all about the genes and their survival in the gene pool. We're expendable, disposable units just used to protect the genes, lol.

It sounds crazy, but Dawkins made an exceptional argument.

Plants...I don't believe they can feel, but they do react. For instance, scientific studies have shown that plants that have been 'loved' (praised, etc) grow much better than plants that have been scolded and yelled at.

I guess humans do murder, but I personally do not kill insects if they aren't bothering me to a great extent. I'll just take them outside or something. It would suck to have your chitin exoskeltal structure to collapse in on itself, haha.

There's really not much to question. Animals [generally] don't have the mental capacities to reason like that, but different concepts have been brought up to suggest the best life strategy (Dawkins goes into Tit-For-Tat, Avenger, and other such policies about how creatures react to positive and negative happenings in nature. It's all about exploiting resources of altruists for personal gain)

I'm getting far too scientific. I'm a loser, and I'll stop now.

But I <3 Dawkins

& Darwin
& Sam Harris
& Great Britain
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Spishnittlestick wrote:There's really not much to question. Animals [generally] don't have the mental capacities to reason like that, but different concepts have been brought up to suggest the best life strategy (Dawkins goes into Tit-For-Tat, Avenger, and other such policies about how creatures react to positive and negative happenings in nature. It's all about exploiting resources of altruists for personal gain)

We are animals.

"We're just animals with base-ball caps and automatic weapons."
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I have a baseball cap that says "What attitude problem?!"
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Haha this topic kept me occupied, while I reread all the posts.

I totally have those kind of conversations where I think to much, and then poeple get up and walk away...
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female
Interests : Music yet again, whether I am listening to it, dancing to it, headbanging with it, or making my own
Registration date : 2008-06-25

http://www.myspace.com/alwaysbubbly

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Darkest Rocker wrote:Haha this topic kept me occupied, while I reread all the posts.

I totally have those kind of conversations where I think to much, and then poeple get up and walk away...

OMG, me too! I put forth more and more factual evidence and you can just see in their face...the "I didn't sign up for this!!" expression.

Then they leave.

/sad face.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Uh huh...I get it a lot...because I do make realistic arguments, that have actual facts. But my friends just think I am insane.

I like to look at myself as an insane genius!

Smile
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female
Interests : Music yet again, whether I am listening to it, dancing to it, headbanging with it, or making my own

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

Great way of looking at it.

I'm sure I'll have to do the same ,lolz.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:27 pm

My dad always tells me that I am too smart for my own good and that I am going to be one of those peoples that go insane and have to be committed....because I think entirely tooo much, and have weird theories...that no one should really even think of.

I am a conspiracy buff at times....I like to explore other possibilities than what is told to be true.
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:01 pm

My dad tells me that I'm too smart for my own good.

But generally I get thrown around for it.

He doesn't like it when I put his thoughts to shame...he has a short temper, lol.

Yeahh...I'm not too close with my family.

and both my parents were both offended when I told them that it's quite possible that 9/11 was set up by our government.

As for ADD, it depends on my mood, haha. Of course, it's not the disorder, but I can find ways to amuse myself with simple things if I have to.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkest Rocker Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 pm

short tempers suck.

Yea I do not technically suffer from ADD...but I know how to keep myself busy as well.

See, I think it is possible too. I also say stuff about the moon landing..just because I like to see my dad's reaction. aha
Darkest Rocker
Darkest Rocker

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:35 am

Darkest Rocker wrote:short tempers suck.

Yea I do not technically suffer from ADD...but I know how to keep myself busy as well.

See, I think it is possible too. I also say stuff about the moon landing..just because I like to see my dad's reaction. aha

I think it's necessary to throw any ideas out there. Just because they seem crazy, doesn't mean that they should be pushed off as 'crazy'. Even if a conspiracy theory has solid evidence, it should in fact be considered, and assessed. It could be possible...
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:41 pm

I could probably be smarter if I applied myself more. My parents don't even listen to my theories, Dad is only interested in making sure I'm to blame if I distract him with conversation while he's watching Oprah, and then game shows, and then he's on the phone, and then he's gone for three months.

no one listens.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:43 pm

lmao..o.o
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Taylawr wrote:I could probably be smarter if I applied myself more. My parents don't even listen to my theories, Dad is only interested in making sure I'm to blame if I distract him with conversation while he's watching Oprah, and then game shows, and then he's on the phone, and then he's gone for three months.

no one listens.

I concur....with my parents I frequently get the chance to say "I told you so" but they refuse to admit they were wrong. They'll never own up to it, but they're wrong a lot of the time.... Wink
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:45 pm

I think in a way my parents fear me. no one ever really knows what I'm thinking, including them. and they don't like it.

they think I'm sly and sinister
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 pm

If they only knew.....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:41 pm

yes. if only. JOIN MEEEEE Twisted Evil
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 pm

I think it's a parent thing. I'll often start winning in an arguement and then they'll just stop or make me stop. I don't think any parent can stand losing an arguement to their kid.

Our most recent arguement:
Me: I wana move to Canada.
Dad: Why?
Me: They have a better government.
Dad: No they don't.
Me: Yes they do, just ask a Canadian.
Dad: Fine. But their taxes are way higher.
Me: Well atleast we don't have to pay income tax.
Dad: Yes we do, it's law.
Me: No. We don't have to pay it, there's no law that says that.
Dad: Yes there is.
Me: No there's not, go ask a lawyer.
Dad: Stop.

Me: I wana move to Italy.
Dad: Why?
Me: They're a free country.
Dad: So are we.
Me: Yeah, but they have no government.
Dad: Yes they do.
Me: No, they don't. They overthrew it and burnt it down.
Dad: ...
Me: Look it up.
Dad: Drop it.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Italy is a communist country and I know this cuz I read it in a book. There. Tell that one to your dad. Ooooohhhhh
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylawr Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 pm

ha. my dad doesn't tell me to stop, but he keeps talking over me until I get mad and leave. then he yells, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING I WASN'T DONE TALKING TO YOU"

Also when I try to talk to him he turns the TV up louder so as to passively exclaim "I want you to shut up." ah well. it's really his loss if he doesn't want to know how interesting I can be. hah.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 am

macncheese101 wrote:Italy is a communist country and I know this cuz I read it in a book. There. Tell that one to your dad. Ooooohhhhh

They overthrew their government....
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:03 am

They still live communist-ish tho...
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:08 am

They're a free country now.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 am

The country is but the people live as if they weren't....it's a little sad, actually....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 am

Razz Just wait. They'll get used to it. Just like the Indians got used to us stealing their land, and we got used to everyone hating us.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum