The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]PETA Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]PETA Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

PETA Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

PETA I_vote1010%PETA I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
PETA I_vote1040%PETA I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
PETA I_vote100%PETA I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
PETA I_vote1020%PETA I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
PETA EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
PETA EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
PETA EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
PETA EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
PETA EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
PETA EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
PETA EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
PETA EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
PETA EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

PETA IVIBanner4Kopie

PETA Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

PETA

Go down

PETA Empty PETA

yeah i've been meaning to do this but yeah I don't like PETA at all. I'm apart of a different PETA. I'm part of People Eating Tasty Animals. Yeah anyway they are so stupid like that whole fly thing with obama. yeah that was stupid, its an !@#$ing fly for christ sakes. Also, you know how there are like don't be cruel to animals. Well we are animals as well because technically we're apart of the Kingdom Animalia, thus making us animals in our own way. So by being cruel verbally and physically to another human is in a way animal cruelty. So those few PETA members who don't care what happens to them as long as the animals are safe are definetly hypocrites. You can add your point if you agree with me if i left stuff out.
icesniper
icesniper

Male
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

PETA :: Comments

Cjanz

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:19 am by Cjanz

This argument is completely invalid in my opinion. How are we supposed to be against harming other human beings if we harm animals in torturous manners? My guess is that you've never looked at what goes on inside of a feed lot, how it affects even our oceans, and how we have become the invasive species, set on killing painfully despite restrictions put in place. From your viewpoint, we should consider ourselves animals as well, and I agree with that. What I do not agree with is your analogy between animals and human-to-human cruelty.

PETA is far-fetched in many ways, I'm not a full supporter of some of their endeavors, but I am a full supporter of their prerogative, which is to treat animals in an ethical manner.

Back to top Go down

Katelin

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:29 am by Katelin

I see both sides.
I don't like PETA, I feel they can be petty and bureacratic. But it's difficult to say that the ethical treatment of animals is not a good cause.

Back to top Go down

Spishnittlestick

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am by Spishnittlestick

I agree with Connor. Your post is invalid.

I wrote a better reply, but it disappeared, so here we go again:

I used to be anti-Peta as well after getting called out by inept users on a forum. It turned me off to the idea. People need to be considerate about converting people.

In fact, I used to be anti-vegetarian, as well. I used stupid logic like "Not eating it doesn't make it alive again." I didn't consider that supporting slaughter was heartless, or that meat was slowly deteriorating my health.

My friend Katie was telling me about her experiences with veganism. She's been vegetarian for six years, and went vegan a month or two before I did.

She said she feels amazing, lost nearly thirty pounds [not a big girl to begin with.]. She said her skin is clear and she never sweats. She just feels alive.

As do I. For those of you that have problems with pimples or whatever, you would be surprised how much your diet can change that. My friend and manager went veggie a few weeks ago, and he's already noticed his face is clearer and he's feeling better.

Here are some videos: