The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote1010%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote1040%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote100%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote1010%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote1020%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote100%Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! IVIBanner4Kopie

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed!

Go down

Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed! Empty Being disconnected is no longer an option for people who want to succeed!

Sitting in a rest area, I suddenly looked around me and realized that in one car I was connected to satellites with two devices and the internet with two more.

There is a fundamental shift that has been taking place for since the days of traveling lap desks used by “connected” travelers in carriages and on clipper ships. These people worked on correspondences to family, friends and business associates as they traveled, optimizing their time. I can imagine that occasionally a fellow traveler thought; “Why would anyone need to be communicating with people who aren’t even here?”
Fast forward to today and you’ll find similar situations and many more people who are connected on the go. It seems that before the last of the amniotic fluid has dried from behind our ears, we have found our first hand-held device and are busily communicating. Like airborne sound waves, our digital signals propagate from our current locations to myriad other locations to affect other people. There is simply no limit to communication any more. The “analogue connected” from our past would have marveled at both the varied means of our communication choices and the instant nature of their delivery.
We live in a time of “amazed realization” of change with little time left over for dissecting the ramifications of the changes on humanity. There is much to negotiate by way of child rearing, relationship maintenance, workplace expansion etc. and no digital Dr. Phil in sight.
What seems to suffice for now is the network, in the forms of Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Plurk and and online communities like this one, where people practice a form of group therapy to help negotiate their digital lives. It’s as if humans have grown new limbs that can either give us near superpowers or render us clumsy without some digital dance lessons. The best thing is that digital dance instructors are everywhere and they are willing to help us learn the new steps.
In education all of this means we can either ignore the new realities of always-on connected humans or we can assist kids on their journey toward a positive digital adulthood. What I have noticed is that once a person puts the new limbs on and seeks a few dance instructors, it’s not long until they are moving gracefully across the digital dance floor.
kevinh
kevinh

Male
Registration date : 2008-07-13

http://kevinhoneycutt.org

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit