The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote1010%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote1040%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote100%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote1010%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote1020%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote100%Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon IVIBanner4Kopie

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon

4 posters

Go down

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Empty Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon

Post by Donald Williams Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon T1larg.brazil.tribe.si

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/02/01/brazil.uncontacted.tribes/index.html?hpt=T2

In an effort to ramp up pressure for Peru to crack down on illegal loggers in its region of the Amazon, an indigenous rights organization has released what it says are photos of an uncontacted tribe in Brazil that is threatened by the logging across the border.
Survival International says the previously unpublished aerial photos, which it released Monday, show members of an uncontacted Brazilian tribe that is likely to get drawn into conflicts with Peruvian tribes who are fleeing their homes because of the logging.
One photo shows five tribe members, some in red tribal paint, standing in front of a hut and looking upward. One man is holding a bow, and another, younger person, holds a machete. Foods including bananas, papayas and cassava can be identified near the tribe members.
The photos were taken by Brazil's National Indian Foundation and were given to Survival International, it said.
"The illegal loggers will destroy this tribe," Survival International Director Stephen Corry said in a written statement. "It's vital that the Peruvian government stop them before time runs out. The people in these photos are self-evidently healthy and thriving. What they need from us is their territory protected, so that they can make their own choices about their future."
More than 100 uncontacted tribes remain worldwide, and about half live in the remote reaches of the Amazonian rainforest in Peru or Brazil, near the recently photographed tribe, the organization says.
"But this area is now at real risk, and if the wave of illegal logging isn't stopped fast, their future will be taken out of their hands. This isn't just a possibility: it's irrefutable history, rewritten on the graves of countless tribes for the last five centuries," Corry said.
Loggers in Peru are pushing isolated Indians from Peru into Brazil, where, according to Survival International, "the two groups are likely to come into conflict."
Several nongovernmental organizations have pushed Peru to act against the logging for years, but little has been done, they say.

---

This story is incredibly fascinating to me, because, if this tribe is truly "un-contacted." How did they react when they witnessed a helicopter fly over in the sky?

The article also indicates that there are over 100 "un-contacted" tribes left, it is simply amazing to me that so many tribes live without any knowledge of our current world.

Last edited by Donald Williams on Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Empty Re: Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon

Post by MasonK565 Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 pm

I hope Peru takes care of the logging. Those tribes would be devastate and it would be unfortunate. I would want to spend a week like that just so I can experience how difficult it is. I probably even last a week.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon Empty Re: Rare Pictures of an "uncontacted" tribe in the Amazon

Post by JJwells Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 am

Ya that would be pretty incredible. And ya that is horrible I don't get how they can just do that without it not being illegal or something. I understand that they have different laws but still. Thats just destroying the earth and its culture.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Music, Hunting, Trapping, Internet, ect
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KAITLIN10 Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 pm

It's so awesome that there are tribes out there who have little/no contact with the rest of the world. I for one would have trouble doing it, but it's almost like living history.
KAITLIN10
KAITLIN10

Female
Interests : Hugh Laurie. music, drums, guitar, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down