The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]My Dream Last Night Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]My Dream Last Night Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

My Dream Last Night Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

My Dream Last Night I_vote1010%My Dream Last Night I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
My Dream Last Night I_vote1040%My Dream Last Night I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
My Dream Last Night I_vote100%My Dream Last Night I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
My Dream Last Night I_vote1020%My Dream Last Night I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
My Dream Last Night EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
My Dream Last Night EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
My Dream Last Night EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
My Dream Last Night EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
My Dream Last Night EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
My Dream Last Night EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
My Dream Last Night EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
My Dream Last Night EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
My Dream Last Night EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

My Dream Last Night IVIBanner4Kopie

My Dream Last Night Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

My Dream Last Night

Go down

My Dream Last Night Empty My Dream Last Night

It's not often that I have such a weird dream that I am inclined to keep a record of it, but this time I must.

I would say that this dream must have occurred for most of the night because its extent was incomparable to anything I've ever experienced. I even believe that I woke up only to resume it once I fell back asleep again.

So, the dream went like this (I'll try to recall it to best of my ability - it's already slipping):

I have assumingly just graduated from high school wherein I am challenged by the principle or administrator of another to be an English teacher. It was set back into the early 1900s, though, and they had Expo markers for my chalk board. They worked, so I can't complain. I went through a preliminary lesson under the supervision of this administrator so that he could get a feel for my teaching style. I'm positive it was an honors class because the things I was saying were iterated as review - like they should know the material already.

Oddly enough, the chalk was so high up off of the floor that they had a footstand readily positioned underneath. This wasn't really a concern in the dream, but remembering that I find it weird.

Nextly, and shortly after the lesson was over, I was approached by a young girl who was highly intrigued with the things I was saying. She made it out as though she was asking for extra help (and yes, I know how this sounds - it didn't go there, and it wasn't meant that way).

Consequently, I agreed to tutor her. Our conversation turned quickly from English into a discussion of MY childhood wherein there were numerous counts of recollection that had actually occurred. Then, I revealed to her that at random times throughout my life that I have been able to travel back in time with the knowledge I have as an adult existing in my youth's body. This is paradoxical because to travel back in time one would think that I go further back from the 1900s, but it actually lands me in the late nineties (where the memories would have truly occurred).

Ironically enough, I endure one of these time lapses after having my conversation with the girl. It takes me back to playing in the sand outside of my front porch in Inman (where I lived from the age of 3 to 10). My Mom is there kneeling next to me and my family is inside. The only change that has taken place for the sake of these memories is that upon entering my house (as a child, mind you) I notice that I now have a brother whose name is Calvin. He's in the Armed Forces and he's home for a short leave. In part, this older brother figure comes to represent me as an older person. Donald and Jake will recognize this part, but he's talking to my Dad about school and (for some reason he's still in high school and the army) pulls out his student metaphor. It looked and said the exact same things my student metaphor said this year for AP English.

At this point I have begun recounting and reliving interactions with my Dad. In my dream he has turned into the father with a favorable son (my "new" brother) and has a tendency to discipline me whilst doing nothing. All throughout this occurrence, though, I have my cell phone from the 1900s (lol). The problem is that it positioned on our counter and I have to go past my father to get it - not to mention that fact that if they had seen it they would read my text messages (between whoever) and realized that I had traveled through time somehow. Additionally, I had carried a knife with me through time that was of great importance, but I do not know what it actually meant.

Luckily I was able to retrieve the phone and made it outside as such. Subsequently, I began my mission to return to my original time period. In my dream, it was constructed as follows: There are certain areas of the Earth, fissures if you will, where one can fall through time. There are only four on Earth and one of them just happened to be in a river near my house (that never really existed, but my dream created it) where at its furthest depths one of the fissures exist. There seems to be either a part I can't recall here, or just simply that my dream skipped it, but I then find myself back in my original time period conversing once again with the girl who I begin to tell about the entirety of my experience.

So...phew. I think that's most of it, or what I can remember anyways. It's amazing the things our minds can come up with. More often than not, dreams like that are like a personal movie only you can experience. Thanks if you take the time to read all of this! Smile
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

My Dream Last Night :: Comments

JakeTheSnake

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm by JakeTheSnake

Wow that was an interesting read. It's amazing how vivid our mind can make these stories. I've also been studying various dream symbols and how they mean different things to different people but often times they are our brain trying to communicate various problems and worries we are having through the form of abstract symbols. It would be interesting to look up on your own time what your subconscious was trying to communicate to you with this dream.

Back to top Go down

MasonK565

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 pm by MasonK565

I wish I could remember my dreams as close as yours, I have not remembered any dreams for the past few months. But I always thought it was interesting as what Jake said and look up symbols and meanings of the subconscious in dreams.

Back to top Go down

Cjanz

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:06 pm by Cjanz

Well, I typed that out directly after the dream. It's only because of that that I can recall it now. If I wouldn't have blogged it I wouldn't remember much more than a 1/4th of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down