The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]What personal writing are you most proud of? Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]What personal writing are you most proud of? Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

What personal writing are you most proud of? Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote1010%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote1040%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote100%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote1010%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote1020%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote100%What personal writing are you most proud of? I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
What personal writing are you most proud of? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

What personal writing are you most proud of? IVIBanner4Kopie

What personal writing are you most proud of? Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

What personal writing are you most proud of?

+3
VioletVenom
JakeTheSnake
Donald Williams
7 posters

Go down

What personal writing are you most proud of? Empty What personal writing are you most proud of?

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Whether your grandest achievement in writing was a research paper, poetry, a short story, or a novel, this is the thread to share!

Personally, I am proudest of the novel which is about 100 pages away from completion, (It's on page 356 right now)

(I'll also use this thread as a place to update my progress)

But if I have to cite a completed work, my favorite would probably be the short story I completed entitled "The Reason" One of my other favorites would have to be "The Pendant" Which was the first short story I had ever written on my own personal will. I will always have a soft spot for that story.

What are your favorites?

Last edited by Donald Williams on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What personal writing are you most proud of? Empty Re: What personal writing are you most proud of?

Post by JakeTheSnake Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Can you elaborate on some of your writing projects? I'm intrested in the Reason in particular.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

What personal writing are you most proud of? Empty Re: What personal writing are you most proud of?

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Well the setting for the reason is in a battlefield after a horrendous fight during the Medieval period.

A young knight is screaming throughout the graveyard desperately trying to find the hero who has been lead their army through the ghastly war before reinforcements arrive from the other side.

But when he finds him, he will have to engage in a battle much bloodier than any fought with the sharpest of swords and sturdiest of shields.

And in the end he must find the reason to fight at all.

I'll PM this story to anyone by request. Just leave me a comment/review on my personal page and this thread.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:42 pm

I'd like a copy of that story.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Check your inbox Smile. I can't wait to see what you think.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:18 am

Sounds hardcore bro.

you should look to see if there are any literature contests or something at your local library.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icesniper Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Mine is a poem and short story called Death, Betrayal, and a Family
icesniper
icesniper

Male
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I would have to say that Reason is well written story about a man who's lost faith in a cause he believes in, although I feel it was a bit short and characters could of used a bit more delevopment. I would still say this is a solid read and is still very good.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story jake! It means so much to me, what was your favorite part of The Reason?
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 am

Eek, you need to hook me up, Ben Smile

I'd love to read it.

I'm really digging the synopsis you gave.

I wrote something kind of similar today, but it's more modern. It's about the exploitation of soldiers. I'd love a deathcore band to perform this with, I guess I wrote them as lyrics xD

If I had a few months, I guess I could write and record all the necessary parts, but my instrument abilities aren't that super, and I'm a little rusty xD
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 am

If you don't mind, I would also love a copy of The Reason. Very Happy
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:33 am

Check your inbox my friend! Thank you for taking the time to read it Smile
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 am

Its a very solid story, I like it.

But, if I could give some constructive criticism, I would recommend re-reading the story aloud a few times. I caught some noticeable grammatical and syntax errors. I agree with Jake, the characters do need a little refining, especially Caput. I would try to describe him a bit clearer towards the beginning, maybe when he's first running. Also, be careful of your word choice. You have a wide vocabulary in the story. Instead of always using adjectives, you could shortly describe the object. Its hard to explain but for example, "As the man ran, his foot caught a glimmering shield, sending him quickly down to earth" could be redone as "Stricken with fear, the soldier lost his footing as he stumbled over a war-torn shield, his face plunging into the bloodstained soil", or something of that nature.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Very Happy
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 am

Paradigm wrote:Its a very solid story, I like it.

But, if I could give some constructive criticism, I would recommend re-reading the story aloud a few times. I caught some noticeable grammatical and syntax errors. I agree with Jake, the characters do need a little refining, especially Caput. I would try to describe him a bit clearer towards the beginning, maybe when he's first running. Also, be careful of your word choice. You have a wide vocabulary in the story. Instead of always using adjectives, you could shortly describe the object. Its hard to explain but for example, "As the man ran, his foot caught a glimmering shield, sending him quickly down to earth" could be redone as "Stricken with fear, the soldier lost his footing as he stumbled over a war-torn shield, his face plunging into the bloodstained soil", or something of that nature.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. Very Happy

Thank you so much for the constructive criticism. I wrote this story back in january so I probably do need to re-write this. I wrote it over the course of two hours. Two of the angriest hours of my life, I felt I had just been betrayed over the course of the day by someone who was really close to me. (Which explains the dark demeanor of the tale.)

I agree on the adjectives, on my recent works I've been trying to revise this habit in my writing and actually focus on the setting and detail of a story in a more intricate manner. Emphasis on adjectives is kind of the "breaking in" for most writers.

After this review, I will revise some elements of the story, I felt some areas were weaker than others, and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to point out where I could make my story richer throughout its constitution.

Thanks man. Smile
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:44 pm

I still need to get hooked up :p

The suspense is killing me xD
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by little.miss.sunny Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 pm

a peom I wrote by the name of "Mother and Father". It's crazy cool.
little.miss.sunny
little.miss.sunny

Female
Interests : ^^^ Music, Movies, The Sims 3
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down