The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote1010%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote1040%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote100%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote1010%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote1020%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote100%The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. IVIBanner4Kopie

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November.

2 posters

Go down

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Empty The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November.

Post by Donald Williams Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:32 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=12848856

The NFL and its players' union met for two hours Saturday to talk about a new labor deal, their first formal bargaining session in more than two months.

The meeting was at a Dallas hotel, one day before the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers play in the Super Bowl at Cowboys Stadium. The full negotiating teams last sat down face-to-face on Nov. 22.

The sides issued a joint statement, saying they "plan to increase the number, length and intensity" of bargaining sessions so they can reach agreement before the collective bargaining agreement expires March 4. Two more sessions already had been scheduled for next week.

The statement called Saturday's session part of a "continuing effort to narrow the differences and reach a fair agreement that will benefit the players, teams and fans."

There was no immediate indication of what sort of substantive progress — if any — was made during Saturday's talks. Spokesmen for the league and union declined to comment.

The union has said it expects owners to lock out players if a new CBA isn't reached by early March.

Among the major issues are how to divide about $9 billion in annual revenues; the owners' push to expand the regular season from 16 games to 18 while reducing the preseason by two games; a rookie wage scale; and benefits for retired players.

During his annual Super Bowl news conference Friday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said it was imperative to reach an agreement before the CBA expires.

"I frequently have said that I think March 4 is a very critical date," Goodell said. "A lot of different strategies will take place if we're not successful in getting an agreement by that time.

"We need to have intensive, round-the clock negotiations to address the issues and find solutions. I can assure you that I have that sense of urgency and I believe both sides do."

The league estimates there would be a cut in gross revenues of $120 million without a new agreement by early March; $350 million if there's no CBA by August, before the preseason starts; $1 billion if no new contract is in place until September. And if regular-season games are lost, the NFL figures the revenue losses would amount to about $400 million per week

Hopefully this is the first trickle of a flood of encouraging moods on the way.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November. Empty Re: The NFL meets with the Players Union for the first time since November.

Post by JJwells Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm

This is great news, it really will suck without football next year.
JJwells
JJwells
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Music, Hunting, Trapping, Internet, ect
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down