The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Multiculturalism Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Multiculturalism Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Multiculturalism Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Multiculturalism I_vote1010%Multiculturalism I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Multiculturalism I_vote1040%Multiculturalism I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Multiculturalism I_vote100%Multiculturalism I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Multiculturalism I_vote1020%Multiculturalism I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Multiculturalism EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Multiculturalism EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Multiculturalism EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Multiculturalism EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Multiculturalism EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Multiculturalism EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Multiculturalism EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Multiculturalism EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Multiculturalism EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Multiculturalism IVIBanner4Kopie

Multiculturalism Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Multiculturalism

2 posters

Go down

Multiculturalism Empty Multiculturalism

Post by VioletVenom Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:01 am

To vaguely express my opinions - I have many friends from all different walks of life who worship different religions and want to organize society all differently but the only reason as to why we all are civil with one another is because we treat people similarly and have tolerant views. I understand you can't exactly tell someone "No, if you don't agree with this society you should not move there", but I am not so sure if people from different cultures with vastly different approaches to liberty and society in general are civil enough to co habit a city/country.

Right now in Sweden there is a huge surge of immigrants from northern Africa and the Middle East, (primarily from Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan). There is rising tension between the generally liberal minded Swedes with christian background and the generally conservative immigrants with Islamic background. While I agree they should be allowed to acclimate in Sweden there is not enough emphasis on immigration laws - recently a suicide bomber attacked Stockholm (I'm sure you have read about this), and Sweden only marginally increased their terror alert. This is not the first issue though - it happens frequently that many immigrants revolt against the Swedes violently. While I am not penalizing Islam as a religion or all muslims I am penalizing fundamentalism and how it hasn't got a place in any society, especially such a tolerant, neutral one like Sweden.

If I had my choice, if you did not behave and you violently protested, you should CERTAINLY be returned to your country. I welcome ethnic and cultural differences, because I believe every culture has something to offer, but there are some things that occur much more prominently in some than others. Therefore there needs to be somewhat of a stricter policy about immigration I do believe.

Your thoughts?
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Multiculturalism Empty Re: Multiculturalism

Post by Donald Williams Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 am

VioletVenom wrote:

To vaguely express my opinions - I have many friends from all different walks of life who worship different religions and want to organize society all differently but the only reason as to why we all are civil with one another is because we treat people similarly and have tolerant views. I understand you can't exactly tell someone "No, if you don't agree with this society you should not move there", but I am not so sure if people from different cultures with vastly different approaches to liberty and society in general are civil enough to co habit a city/country.

Right now in Sweden there is a huge surge of immigrants from northern Africa and the Middle East, (primarily from Syria, Iraq, and Pakistan). There is rising tension between the generally liberal minded Swedes with christian background and the generally conservative immigrants with Islamic background. While I agree they should be allowed to acclimate in Sweden there is not enough emphasis on immigration laws - recently a suicide bomber attacked Stockholm (I'm sure you have read about this), and Sweden only marginally increased their terror alert. This is not the first issue though - it happens frequently that many immigrants revolt against the Swedes violently. While I am not penalizing Islam as a religion or all muslims I am penalizing fundamentalism and how it hasn't got a place in any society, especially such a tolerant, neutral one like Sweden.

If I had my choice, if you did not behave and you violently protested, you should CERTAINLY be returned to your country. I welcome ethnic and cultural differences, because I believe every culture has something to offer, but there are some things that occur much more prominently in some than others. Therefore there needs to be somewhat of a stricter policy about immigration I do believe.

Your thoughts?

Henry David Thoreau exemplified my beliefs on this subject when he wrote "civil disobedience." I believe that the citizens of a nation have every right to protest against their government, however, I do not believe they have any right to do this at the expense of other citizens living in this nation. People begin to rally against your cause when your cause is leading to the deaths of innocent individuals. I agree with your main idea, because I believe there are much wiser ways to fight for what you believe than by the tip of a sword.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum