The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]MKT Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]MKT Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

MKT Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

MKT I_vote1010%MKT I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
MKT I_vote1040%MKT I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
MKT I_vote100%MKT I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
MKT I_vote1020%MKT I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
MKT EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
MKT EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
MKT EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
MKT EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
MKT EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
MKT EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
MKT EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
MKT EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
MKT EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

MKT IVIBanner4Kopie

MKT Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

MKT

+3
Donald Williams
Cjanz
Rape_VicTem
7 posters

Go down

MKT Empty MKT

Post by Rape_VicTem Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey there Gathering. I hate to make my first post here a long rant about my ex. However, I need this. So, I'ma do it. I love this girl. More than I should. More than anyone should even have the capacity for. However, recently, I closed the door on this love and I fixed it to where I couldn't ever get it back.
I tried again recently...

That went shit faster than the fat guy that eats enough taco bell to fill five different toilets at one time. It wasn't good. And it was apparently all my fault. I just wanted to try things one last time, and I was denied. Harshly denied. I almost BAWWWWWWWWWed. But I regained my composure enough to push me to start a topic. This topic's purpose is about people you love. The people that you hate, but you can't stop loving. Any love that is unreturned or unwanted. I know this may be a real downer topic, but it's better than the alternative methods of dealing with it (drinking, although fun, is not a good way to do it). So. That's my story. Or a part of it. If there are any suggestions (and I mean actual suggestions) on ways of dealing with this shit... I'm all ears.
Rape_VicTem
Rape_VicTem

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

MKT Empty Re: MKT

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:09 pm

It sucks to have to go through that, but I believe if that person is going to shut you out, they're not the right person anyway.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:13 pm

I would say a good way to take out this sort of thing is hanging out with your buds or (guy friends.) In my experience I am able to forget this sort of thing by just hanging out and having a good time, (though as hard as it is to have a good time when this is happening)
I've been there man, it isn't fun and its terrible, but time passes, I hope it gets better though dude.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:31 am

Oh boy do I have one for you. I met this guy a few years back when I was at this dance class. I found out he lived kinda near where I lived and we started talking and whatever and became pretty good friends. When he heard I was headed off to college soon, he asked me for my cell number so we could keep in touch and in case he wanted to "hang out" this summer. The guy is pretty cute and funny and whatever so I figured, why not? So then he starts texting me almost every day for weeks and we're just talking and laughing and whatever and, stupid me, I grew to really like this guy and was excited to "hang out". Well, one day he texts me and he says "Hey, what are you doin' tomorrow". I smiled and wrote back "Not much, why?" they excitedly waited for what he said next. Wanna know what it was? I'll tell you. "I was gonna date this one girl but she didn't wanna go unless it was a double date. Do you think you could ask a guy and come with us?" I FLIPPED! I just wrote him back "I'll see what I can do" (yeah right) and then stopped texting him. I spent the next few days feeling like an idiot for letting myself fall for this guy. And, wanna know the best part, he's STILL texting me nearly every day because he "just wants to talk". He convinced my friend to go to the lake last Saturday and to bring me because he was gonna be there. I've got every reason to be severely pissed at this guy, and yet, I still....ya know....sigh....I know what you're goin through dude....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:08 am

macncheese101 wrote:Oh boy do I have one for you. I met this guy a few years back when I was at this dance class. I found out he lived kinda near where I lived and we started talking and whatever and became pretty good friends. When he heard I was headed off to college soon, he asked me for my cell number so we could keep in touch and in case he wanted to "hang out" this summer. The guy is pretty cute and funny and whatever so I figured, why not? So then he starts texting me almost every day for weeks and we're just talking and laughing and whatever and, stupid me, I grew to really like this guy and was excited to "hang out". Well, one day he texts me and he says "Hey, what are you doin' tomorrow". I smiled and wrote back "Not much, why?" they excitedly waited for what he said next. Wanna know what it was? I'll tell you. "I was gonna date this one girl but she didn't wanna go unless it was a double date. Do you think you could ask a guy and come with us?" I FLIPPED! I just wrote him back "I'll see what I can do" (yeah right) and then stopped texting him. I spent the next few days feeling like an idiot for letting myself fall for this guy. And, wanna know the best part, he's STILL texting me nearly every day because he "just wants to talk". He convinced my friend to go to the lake last Saturday and to bring me because he was gonna be there. I've got every reason to be severely pissed at this guy, and yet, I still....ya know....sigh....I know what you're goin through dude....

I had a similar experience about a year ago. This girl thought we were the best of friends until she met someone else she liked, at which point she would totally forget about me.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:26 am

I knoww the feeling, haha.

Here's my story:

I met this girl named Chelsea a few years back, and she was practically perfect for me. We were just...sooo similar. It was just all really great, so we hooked up. We dated for about 6 months, which wasn't anything huge, but for an entry-level high school relationship, it was pretty good. I treated her great and I loved her like you wouldn't believe. She knew it, lol.

Her friends told her that maybe she would be happier without me, so that was the end of that, haha. I tried for a few months to get her to think it through and get back with me, but she became rather irate. She came up with horrible, repulsive stories and tried to pin me to them. Of course, most people believed them (because people are stupid). Anyway, I go to a small school, so my rep was pretty damaged, and still is for the most part.

A little bit later, she ended up hooking up with the guy I really hate most, and they can't find enough interest in their own lives, so they insist on trying to make me miserable. The relationship was seriously over years ago, but they still won't let me live anything down.

It's stupid, because I treated her right, and he treats her like a plaything. I cringe at his vile nature. Eventually they're both going to get hurt, and that will be +1 for me, but until then, I need to build up some more tolerance, haha.

I have been talking with some of this girl's 'friends' though. They're really upset with her because she's changed into something else undesirable. Her friends seem pretty nice, and they realize what's what, so hopefully I can strengthen my ties with them or something, lol.

It's really pathetic, but it's just one big conspiracy, so I know what it's like. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but just prove you're better than she. You can deal with it in plenty of ways too. You don't need to let it bother you...some things just aren't worth it. Music helps. A lot. I started listening to some reallly brutal stuff (trust me, the violent stuff is wayy better than the whiny stuff, haha). And one more thing, just think about the future: chances are, you're going somewhere, and you'll be successful. I'm pretty sure the girl that has troubled me will end up on a street corner. It's great to think about it, and when it happens, it's even better, lol. I know, some of this can be cruel, but there's no need to be cruel to them. I don't really want to allude to Britain's East India Co., but they were brutal to the indians, and the indians didn't fight back. News coverage showed how brute the Brits were being, and progress was made. Just be 'the good one' and people will see it and appreciate it. It's hard, but it's probably not as hard as making it allll the way through this post, haha.

Sorry for the length Razz
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am

Oh, and listen to Brand New. They are the best band EVER with that stuff. Check out Jude Law And A Semester Abroad Lyrics!

"...And even if her plane crashes tonight she'll find some way to disappoint me, by not burning in the wreckage or drowning at the bottom of the sea..."

OR

Seventy Times 7 Lyrics

"Is that what you call a getaway? Tell me what you got away with 'cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish and I've seen more guts in 11-year-old kids. Have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt and again when your head goes through the windshield."

Brand New has helped me (and almost all of my friends) with ANY relationship crisis they have ever had, lol. Find a recording of these if you can on last.fm or www.playlist.com . It means so much when you hear how emotional he gets about this stuff! I have no clue what genre these guys are, but *wow*. So worth it!
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:43 am

Sorry again for the superfluous amounts of text. I'm generally the go-to guy for relationship help, haha, so I'm used to it Razz
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 am

Bah, in my opinion dating is pretty much useless untill you're OUT of highschool....There's just way too much drama and too many distractions then, it's a bad time to date because it usually ends up with one person ticked at the other.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

somedeadidiot wrote:Bah, in my opinion dating is pretty much useless untill you're OUT of highschool....There's just way too much drama and too many distractions then, it's a bad time to date because it usually ends up with one person ticked at the other.

Yeah man, High school relationships SUCK.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Amen to that...in high school if you go to the movies with a person once, you're automatically a "couple".....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Bah. Too much drama in schools. Why do our parents do that to us??!?!?!
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 pm

What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger....or severely injured....depends....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Why are you bringing up diapers on this?
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 pm

*Sniff* because sometimes you just gotta go!!!! (runs off crying)
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 am

Spishnittlestick wrote:Oh, and listen to Brand New. They are the best band EVER with that stuff. Check out Jude Law And A Semester Abroad Lyrics!

"...And even if her plane crashes tonight she'll find some way to disappoint me, by not burning in the wreckage or drowning at the bottom of the sea..."

OR

Seventy Times 7 Lyrics

"Is that what you call a getaway? Tell me what you got away with 'cause I've seen more spine in jellyfish and I've seen more guts in 11-year-old kids. Have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt and again when your head goes through the windshield."

Brand New has helped me (and almost all of my friends) with ANY relationship crisis they have ever had, lol. Find a recording of these if you can on last.fm or www.playlist.com . It means so much when you hear how emotional he gets about this stuff! I have no clue what genre these guys are, but *wow*. So worth it!

=D

Someone else who likes Born of Osiris and Brand New? I'm amazed. Also check out The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot and Me vs Madonna vs Elvis by Brand New. Those are pretty baw-worthy.
Apollo
Apollo

Male
Interests : Raep.
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:48 am

To continue my saga....sigh

Well, the same guy I talked about before on this thread has come up again. I figured after that all happened that I'd be casual friends with the guy until I left for college, at which point I'd probably never talk to him again....lol. I thought this was a fantastic plan because he was going to college in New Mexico and UNM and I was going to college in Arizona at EAC. A whole state away. No chance of running into him at Walmart or anything. Total freedom. Well, no such luck. Turns out that now, he's decided he's going to EAC as well. Therefore, there is every chance I'm gonna run into him and really not that much hope of ejecting him from my life. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not all that unhappy about it. I mean I was hoping to get away so's I could pick up the pieces of my broken heart once again, not having to worry about seeing him and having all that come rushing back, and now the plan has failed. I mean, what do you guys think? I'm a lil confused here! lol
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 am

macncheese101 wrote:To continue my saga....sigh

Well, the same guy I talked about before on this thread has come up again. I figured after that all happened that I'd be casual friends with the guy until I left for college, at which point I'd probably never talk to him again....lol. I thought this was a fantastic plan because he was going to college in New Mexico and UNM and I was going to college in Arizona at EAC. A whole state away. No chance of running into him at Walmart or anything. Total freedom. Well, no such luck. Turns out that now, he's decided he's going to EAC as well. Therefore, there is every chance I'm gonna run into him and really not that much hope of ejecting him from my life. And to be perfectly honest, I'm not all that unhappy about it. I mean I was hoping to get away so's I could pick up the pieces of my broken heart once again, not having to worry about seeing him and having all that come rushing back, and now the plan has failed. I mean, what do you guys think? I'm a lil confused here! lol

*hugs*

I'm sorry you have to deal with that, haha. I'm sure it's really quite awkward. The first order of business is probably to get some time alone so you can figure out what you want. Tell him to back off. You can definitely be nice about it, but after a while, to quote my friend Lindsay: "Back off means BACK OFFF". You could ask him why he's going to the same college (or tell him that maybe he has a better shot in New Mexico), although you probably won't like the answer, haha.

It sounds like he's holding onto whatever hope he can for something with you, so just tell him seriously and as politely as you can that you're really not interested in any means. You can use anyy line you want (Let's see...I've had the "You're just not my type", "It just...doesn't feel right (not enough in common)", and several others, some far more harsh than others, lol.

I think what you really need to do is just sit him down (or call him up) and simply say "Look, we need to talk". This will capture his attention more. From here, you just need to say that you need your space (I've been told that too, LOL).

What you need to do is forget about him for a while. Go out! Meet some new people! Gotta love teh interwebz! Just start talking to people more and more...trust me, you'll realize that there are sooo many people out there! Something will just fit better for you, lol. I promise Wink You don't even need to try for a relationship! I didn't, I just wanted to make some friends! For me, it's pretty hard at school because there just aren't many people who share a common interest of anything with me, lol

And if all else fails, again, you can do what my pal Lindsay did (She gets hit on A LOT and she hates it)

A lot of her best friends are wrestlers. Famous wrestlers. Soo, just recently she asked one to be her 'boyfriend' for a few minutes to shake this guy that kept visiting her at work, LOL.

If all else fails, meet a big wrestler? hahaha

Do what you can, and if you need, pm me or something, I'll do what I can to help you out, I know how bothersome these situations can be, lol.

I hope all is well!
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:11 pm

I want a big wrestler!

I actually find my friends to be the best resources for meeting new people. Back in 6th grade, I did this thing with my friends where we sent each other our messenger lists and just started talking to people and making friends. I've met a ton of people that way, and a lot of them are pretty awesome.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Yeah, I used to do that back in the day too, lol.

My friends had buddy lists of like 300+ people, haha.

I didn't really like that as much though, haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah...I've gotten to the point where I'll join some social website that has about 10, maybe 15 people and end up leaving because a ton more join. I'm not that fond of big groups where I only know half the people. I either want to know them all, or know none of them.
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:05 am

Hmm...I like the wrestler idea....lol. I get what you're saying it's just I feel weird using "the lines". I cannot count the number of times I've had to use the "You're a really great friend" line. Sigh. I did ask him why he was going to that college and he just told me that "It has the best tuition rates, very affordable" Psh. Whatever. In New Mexico they have the lottery scholarship which is given to every living New Mexico resident in which every shred of your college costs are paid for by the state. Every....last....dollar. Can't get much cheaper than that!

And no worries on the meeting new ppl. I know I haven't met any of you in person, but I think you guys know I'm a little bit outgoing and outspoken....lol Very Happy

Sigh. Well, if worse comes to worse, I've got a lot of family near where I'm goin to college and some very protective uncles.... Very Happy
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am

macncheese101 wrote:Hmm...I like the wrestler idea....lol. I get what you're saying it's just I feel weird using "the lines". I cannot count the number of times I've had to use the "You're a really great friend" line. Sigh. I did ask him why he was going to that college and he just told me that "It has the best tuition rates, very affordable" Psh. Whatever. In New Mexico they have the lottery scholarship which is given to every living New Mexico resident in which every shred of your college costs are paid for by the state. Every....last....dollar. Can't get much cheaper than that!

And no worries on the meeting new ppl. I know I haven't met any of you in person, but I think you guys know I'm a little bit outgoing and outspoken....lol Very Happy

Sigh. Well, if worse comes to worse, I've got a lot of family near where I'm goin to college and some very protective uncles.... Very Happy

Just invite Mr. Intrusive into the uncle's domain.

Just make sure Mr. Uncle is sitting out on the porch in his rocker with a shotgun across his lap Smile

You'll be fine Wink

And yes, you seem quite outgoing and extremely...interesting, lol. I really haven't any plans for the AZ/NM area, but if I'm around, I'll stop by

Just make sure to call the uncles off first, ok?

Wink
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Lol for sure... tongue one of my uncles goes hunting a lot so I'm pretty sure he has some sort of weapon around the house....lol
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum