The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote1010%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote1040%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote100%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote1010%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote1020%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote100%Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned IVIBanner4Kopie

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned

+4
RRSP
Donald Williams
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
8 posters

Go down

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Empty Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned

Post by Cjanz Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-08-12-tropic-protests_N.htm

Apparently the use of the word "retard" in the movie has hit a group of people hard, and are trying to get the movie banned.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Empty Re: Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned

Post by JakeTheSnake Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Like that word hasn't been used in a million other movies....People are too politically correct.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned Empty Re: Group of People want Tropic Thunder banned

Post by Cjanz Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 pm

I think it's pretty outrageous. I mean, I can see how it's offending, but there are tons of movies, like you said, that have the word "retard" in them. It's being taken out of proportion.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:02 pm

People take things too seriously.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RRSP Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Donald Williams wrote:People take things too seriously.

I agree
RRSP
RRSP

Male
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Bah... I wonder what's happened to Freedom of Expression....(aka, NOT banning R rated movies for saying the word Retard.)
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Wow...a whopping 17 times in a movie!!!

South park had over 300 curse words or rude gestures in its full-length movie. Not to mention nudity and exceptional violence...and they want Tropic Thunder banned? haha, that's funny. There's much more offensiveness to be found other places, and none of it will be banned, haha.

200 people down to 50 when the movie started...did people just get in the wrong line and figure out how to get in the theater? lol.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Getting offended by something is entirely subjective. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tbguitarist Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:26 pm

them wanting to ban that movie for use of the word retard is retarded! I don't see why people are so mad about it, that's how language is, words change meaning, gay used to mean happy, now it means homosexual. Dumb use to mean mute, now it's a synonym for stupid. People need to chill out and let language do what language does.
tbguitarist
tbguitarist

Male
Interests : Music, both listening to and creating, technology, archery, motorcycles, cars, bowling
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down