The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]System Updates Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]System Updates Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

System Updates Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

System Updates I_vote1010%System Updates I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
System Updates I_vote1040%System Updates I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
System Updates I_vote100%System Updates I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
System Updates I_vote1020%System Updates I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
System Updates EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
System Updates EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
System Updates EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
System Updates EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
System Updates EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
System Updates EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
System Updates EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
System Updates EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
System Updates EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

System Updates IVIBanner4Kopie

System Updates Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

System Updates

+3
macncheese101
Cjanz
somedeadidiot
7 posters

Go down

System Updates Empty System Updates

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:58 pm

I hate this! Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft always making new game systems!!! And for what, another quick buck? Hell, whoever it is what owns Microsoft could retire, still live rich, and also pay for 50 family members[atleast] to retire and live rich, too!

The thing is, every year each company produces about 1 and a half new gaming consoles. I understand, you're not selling the other ones as much, so you need a new log to throw in the fire...So they make a completely NEW gameing console! The only thing not new about it is that you can play games from previous consoles on it.

But seriously, you have to buy a new console[About $400] 4 new controllers[At about $40 each] and all the new accessories[Around $100 depending on the console] so it looks cool AND has all the features. That's about $600 just to get a new game system.

BUT!!! You wouldn't have gotten that game system if it weren't for some game, right? Really, what's the point in wasting about $600 just to get a new game system? So, you get about 3 of the latest games[Which adds up to around $150] That's aout $750 on an upgraded game system and a few new games!!! And if you have one of each type of game system...well...let's just say you must be kickin' out a lot of spare cash with your job!!!

Now think.
1 type of game system is about $1,125 every year. Why would someone spend that much cash on a game system and a few games that they're going to buy a higher version of in a few months?!?!?! It's just a few days worth of cheap entertainment that you or your parents had to work probably a month on!!! It's stupid! Think about all 3 types of game systems!!! And if you add all Guitar Hero versions and Rock Band to each one...That's even more!!!!

Think!

Discuss!
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male
Location : The Milky Way Galaxy, Take a Left, and walk 3 miles.
Interests : Music. Music. Music.
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://www.you.justgotowned.com

Back to top Go down

System Updates Empty Re: System Updates

Post by Cjanz Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 pm

If it wasn't for the large amounts of money they generate, they wouldn't be making these new systems.

Personally, I think they should work on making games the focus when it comes to updates. The problem with that, is that to make the great games they want to make, they have to update their system for graphic value and any other extras they want to kick in.

Yes, it's a system. Yes, it eats away at your money, BUT IT SELLS. This is how things work, because this is a result of the people buying into what they think they need. Money is money, and people like making it and spending it.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:11 pm

And stupid people buy stupid things.....What's the point of buying edible underwear?
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by macncheese101 Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 am

It's supposed to be sexy....i guess....lol did you know though that they have these factory outlet malls that sell things like the Bible with typos in it?? crazy....
macncheese101
macncheese101

Female
Interests : Music, movies, John Grisham

Back to top Go down

Post by somedeadidiot Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:33 am

"He loves you but He needs money!!!"
somedeadidiot
somedeadidiot
Star Member
Star Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm

haha. Great.

I like newer consoles because newer consoles means next gen which means a better gaming experience.

I'm a loser, remember.

If you don't like it, buy a good gaming PC. I did that too Smile. Sure, it can cost you a grand or two, but all you have to do is keep upgrading when better games come up (an extra stick of RAM or two, a better video card, it's all pretty chill).

But you forgot to add in that us hardcore gamers get a console from each publisher, haha. I have a 360 and Wii in my house right now (not to mention original xbox, gamecube, PS2, and a couple gameboy colors somewhere). And I'm working on getting a PS3, lol.

Do I care? naww, it's not that bad for me, considering I haven't anything else to do and I can waste my entire life away on them fairly easily (although I beat games rather quickly. Thank God for Microsoft and Achievements or there would be no replay value. RE4 excluded. Like previously mentioned, I beat that beastie 13 times, haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:47 am

Spishnittlestick wrote:haha. Great.

I like newer consoles because newer consoles means next gen which means a better gaming experience.

I'm a loser, remember.

If you don't like it, buy a good gaming PC. I did that too Smile. Sure, it can cost you a grand or two, but all you have to do is keep upgrading when better games come up (an extra stick of RAM or two, a better video card, it's all pretty chill).

But you forgot to add in that us hardcore gamers get a console from each publisher, haha. I have a 360 and Wii in my house right now (not to mention original xbox, gamecube, PS2, and a couple gameboy colors somewhere). And I'm working on getting a PS3, lol.

Do I care? naww, it's not that bad for me, considering I haven't anything else to do and I can waste my entire life away on them fairly easily (although I beat games rather quickly. Thank God for Microsoft and Achievements or there would be no replay value. RE4 excluded. Like previously mentioned, I beat that beastie 13 times, haha.

You like Resident Evil 4 too? God damn. You have to do me.

Can't wait for RE5.
Apollo
Apollo

Male
Interests : Raep.
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:00 am

Apollo wrote:
Spishnittlestick wrote:haha. Great.

I'm a loser, remember.

You like Resident Evil 4 too? God damn. You have to do me.

Can't wait for RE5.

Ohhh yeah! Spring '09, baby!

Have you seen the E3 gameplay and such? I hope they make it Co-Op, like they should have with Zero. The graphics look intense. I can't wait, haha.
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Well games are fun, too bad they're expensive. Good thing I can settle for a ps2 from ebay Smile And it works just fine. The thing is, I don't understand why they don't just develop a graphics card that is just so supremely ultimate and superior to anything done before and then create a system that works along with it. i know nothing about how they develop game consoles and how it works with televisions, but that would just make sense. The innovative game consoles like the wii are pretty epic, even though I'm not the biggest fan of it haha. Can you imagine if they started coming out with 3D game consoles where you put on a headset/glasses/goggles or something and maybe like a sensor pad to stand on and you could like, practically live in the game? How cool would that be? There'd be a lot of people suffering from heart attacks and seizures from it though...
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tbguitarist Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:11 pm

It would be cool, if they would just do firmware and software updates. Maybe even just make it so you can send in your console, and have it upgraded with a new disc drive for a new kind of disc all for like 150 bucks. It would be more beneficial for the consumer in my mind.
tbguitarist
tbguitarist

Male
Interests : Music, both listening to and creating, technology, archery, motorcycles, cars, bowling
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum