The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote1010%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote1040%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote100%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote1010%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote1020%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote100%Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? IVIBanner4Kopie

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team?

4 posters

Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Empty Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team?

Post by psychoslayer_510 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:42 am

6 superbowl championships, two of those coming from beating the so-called "America's Team". I firmly believe that if we were to compare stats and overall fan base the Steelers come out on top as America's Team, and I am willing to defend and discuss my belief if anyone would like to.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male
Interests : Religion, Anarchy, weightlifting, social sciences, human philosophy, metal, physics
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Empty Re: Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team?

Post by bigdaddyt Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:53 am

mr. PSYCHODLAYER thats not all true this year which is what we should probly focus on.
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male
Interests : Small groups/ debate/ forensics/ hang out with friends/ Have fun//
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team? Empty Re: Pittsburgh Steelers. America's Team?

Post by Silent_Brad Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:54 am

I don't pay a whole hell of a lot of attention to the NFL, but if I were to pick a favorite team, it'd be the Steelers.
Silent_Brad
Silent_Brad
GFX Designer
GFX Designer

Male
Interests : you
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/silentbrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Maybe someone can explain to me whether or not they deserve their reputation as one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL.

Not really upholding that statement, but I'd like to hear from a true fan what they think about the claim.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:37 pm

All im saying is that the gohg toyh heow so. (which means that they are not doing as well this year) It should probly be the colts or patriots. Im not saying im a fan but i am saying for someone who doesnt watch football they will probly say that.
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 pm

As far as Pittsburgh being the dirtiest team in the NFL I agree and disagree. I agree that some of our players have controversial hits, but as far as a player such as Harrison goes, he is a Linebacker. I was a Linebacker when I began playing football in 6th grade and it was always drilled into us to hurt the other player in order to make them not want to run through the hole you're covering, but not injure the player.

I believe that in a game where over half the team hits an opposing player in any given play and certain players such as Linebackers are taught to hurt other players, it can almost always be assumed that someone is going to be injured. Hits like Harrison's were intended to hurt the player, but not injure. it just so happens that Harrison drew bad luck and actually injured one player.

As far as Pittsburgh as a whole, calling them "dirty" really isn't fitting, unlike teams such as the Raiders, Pittsburgh has never had a rule set in place because of the team. and many of the calls on Pittsburgh (over half) are for petty things such as off-sides. that doesn't make a team dirty.

Pittsburgh is a rough and ready team and they aren't playing this brutal sport to puss-foot around. They're playing to win.

As far as BigdaddyT goes. You can't judge a team by one season of play. Pittsburgh won the 2005 superbowl, then in 06 and 07 had hardly mediocre seasons, then went on to win again in 2008. I believe we need to take a macro approach to discussing America's Team. look at their dynasties, and what they've accomplished compared to what others such as Dallas have accomplished. Statistically, Pittsburgh is probably the top rated team of all 32 IMO.

The Patriots have only just recently established a dynasty but don't have much to say as far as the rest of their history, I do not believe they should even be in discussion.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male
Interests : Religion, Anarchy, weightlifting, social sciences, human philosophy, metal, physics

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:17 pm

okay so your saying that every superbowl win in the 2000's by the steelers, means that there americas team. Even though Steelers have won the most they havent been to as many. Im not saying there bad im saying that they shouldnt be called americas team.
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:17 pm

I never said that. I said we need to look at their DYNASTIES. such as their 75, 76, 79 and 80 wins. that's 4 wins in 6 years. no other team has accomplished that. and as far as most superbowl appearances, Dallas has 8 to Pittsburgh's 7, three of those were confrontations between the Dallas and Pittsburgh in which Pittsburgh came out on top 2 times.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Yeah ik Jonny Doesnt mean thats Pittsburgh is Americas team.
Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney dismissed the suggestion that the Steelers were "America's Team." "'We didn't want that,' Rooney said. 'We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.'" [14]
In an ESPN.com article titled, "The Great Debate: 'America's Team'," four sports writers stated their case as to why three other teams besides the Cowboys could lay claim to the nickname of America's Team. [15]
James Walker said the name should be given to the Steelers since they have the most Super Bowl wins at six.
Kevin Seifert said that the Green Bay Packers could be considered America's Team due to their unique ownership situation. They "are now owned by 112,120 shareholders who possess about 4.75 million shares of stock. A seven-member executive committee, elected by the board of directors and comprised mostly of local residents, operates the team."
Tim Graham said the New England Patriots have a right at the name since they dominated the NFL for the entire first decade of the new millennium, by virtue of their team name and colors (red, white and blue) and having been formed in Boston, the "Cradle of Liberty".
Following their win in Super Bowl XLIV, a few media writers referred to the New Orleans Saints as "America's Team", as their successful bid to win the Super Bowl was seen by many to represent the city's resurgence after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina ("for one game, the Saints are America's Team").

The term America's Team is a popular nickname in American sports that most often refers to the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.[1] The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film,
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoslayer_510 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 pm

I never said that it does make them America's Team and I never claim to call them that, I do believe they deserve that title though. Rooney feels how he feels, but many of the players such as the great "Mean" Joe Green and others feel that they deserve the title.

"And the Steelers and their fans are the best representation of America and the city of Pittsburgh. Steelers fans do not care about a nickname. We don't want the "America's Team" moniker, but we are a much better fit for it than the Dallas Cowboys."

That's from the bleacher report on Rooney's comment. and that's plain and simply all I am saying. I don't care if people call them America's Team, but Pittsburgh is certainly more deserving.
psychoslayer_510
psychoslayer_510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down