The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Nature Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Nature Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Nature Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Nature I_vote1010%Nature I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Nature I_vote1040%Nature I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Nature I_vote100%Nature I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Nature I_vote1020%Nature I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Nature EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Nature EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Nature EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Nature EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Nature EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Nature EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Nature EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Nature EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Nature EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Nature IVIBanner4Kopie

Nature Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Nature

Go down

Nature Empty Nature

I've never encountered anything else on this world that is as awe inspiring as nature. Yesterday I had one of the best days I've had this year.

I was fairly despondent, my thoughts encompassed saddening feelings such as the immensely challenging upcoming school year, and many other atramentous thoughts within me.

I decided to force myself to write, It had been about three weeks since I had updated my story, (I took a break so I could finish my summer schoolwork.) After a slow start, I became engrossed in attempting to paint a picture within my writing of my visualization. After an hour and a half, I had completed less than a page of writing, but I must say I feel its one of the strongest pages I have written in my entire story.

(In the midst of this I discovered Leaves' Eyes had released a new album and I downloaded two of their songs.)

Like I was on an intricate schedule, my father asked if I wanted to go to the park with him after I completed the dream sequence. I packed up my things and went with him, but we decided to travel to our hometown museum first, as it had been ages since we last went.

When I arrived at the museum I was amazed at how much it had changed. They had revived the one room schoolhouse that was once within our town, and brought a caboose into the town as well. I became engrossed in the changes, and it felt too scenic and thought provoking to be inside my hometown.

After this we traveled to the park, and what an experience it was at this pasture park. We walked to the pond, dad wanted to take a myriad of pictures so that he could possibly draw them for art lessons later. I was taken away by the scenic beauty of this place. What a surprising discovery! this overlooked place lay but a couple of miles from the place I call home! My eyes were first drawn to a mass of sunflowers blooming beside the lake. I plucked one to possibly put in my treehouse for a stoke of inspiration on a future date.

The pond was thought provoking in itself. The best dog I have ever owned once swam in the same water. Father and I used to spend every sunday at this pond. Letting the days go by with our reels upon the water, hoping beyond hope for a bite. Truth be told, the color of those experiences never depended on if we caught a fish at all.

An island lay in the center of the pond, It was an island of mystery to me as a child. I always wondered if some wild beast called it home while watching my father and I fish upon the pond. To my surprise, a path had been created to the enigmatic island. A makeshift path it was, dad and I kept our balance to get across.

It was an awesome island, intricate spider webs lay between the trees as beautiful flowers blossomed around the mysterious land. The sun's light shone magnificently throughout the trees, and my fathers pictures of the island were as captivating as past ben thought the island would be. (Though there was no great beast to be found.)

After balancing ourselves once again to reach the other side. Dad and I found a small ravine behind the trees of the park that I had never seen before. Such a discovery was powerful to me, as its subtle beauty woke me from a deep slumber I never knew I had fallen into.

After this, dad and I sat amongst the trees and shared a deep conversation. A conversation that spoke to my soul. Within it, dad told me how careful I needed to be at this time. In his own incredible life, had he screwed up at my age, he could never move audiences with his captivating speeches, and never inspire all to find the light inside themselves. The dream he is living now would have never came to be.

In this conversation he shared two of my now favorite quotes.

"At your age, you and your fellow peers have a whole banquet laid in front of them, but many only eat the bread, because they lack the foresight an patience to wait for the main course."

"The only choices you don't have in this life are the ones you remove yourself. Your possibilities are endless."

I just thought I would share my magnificent day with everyone on this wonderful forum.

Thank you for taking the time to read about my experience!
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Nature :: Comments

JakeTheSnake

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm by JakeTheSnake

This was a very engrossing read, I think you should really look into writing a story on your life because it would be incredibly fascinating.

Back to top Go down

Donald Williams

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 pm by Donald Williams

You're too kind jake, thank you for taking the time to read the whole thing, it means so much to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down