The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Distance Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Distance Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Distance Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Distance I_vote1010%Distance I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Distance I_vote1040%Distance I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Distance I_vote100%Distance I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Distance I_vote1020%Distance I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Distance EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Distance EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Distance EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Distance EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Distance EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Distance EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Distance EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Distance EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Distance EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Distance IVIBanner4Kopie

Distance Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Distance

Go down

Distance Empty Distance

For two years now, I've been dating this girl, on and off, named Jennifer. I remember when I met her, well, at least tried to meet her. I was seventeen and a senior in high school. I was a bit young for my class since I was born without a uvula so I had speech problems and got sent to school a year earlier. But, that's besides the point. I've always had this sort of "social shell" where I didn't really like meeting anybody new. Jennifer was the new girl on the bus (she lives only about a quarter mile from my house). She was just a freshman, so she didn't know anybody else on the bus save for her brother, Daniel, who was a sophomore at the time. She was pretty quiet, as was I, so I never got the courage to go up and talk to her. We didn't speak to each other until a mutual friend we knew introduced us. I was scared shitless to talk to her, since thats the way I was. Eventually I mustered up the courage to ask her out.

"Hey... um, do you want to like, maybe go out sometime... I mean, its cool if you don't want to and whatn--"

"Sure!"

That's the beginning of our journey together. We've had our good times and our rough times, just like any other relationship. She's the one that truly broke me out of my social shell. I fell in love. Fast forward one year. I'm in college as a freshman and she's still in high school, this time a sophomore. Her parents have an extremely strict rule that she can't date until she's eighteen, so we aren't "officially" dating (and the fact that I'm two years older than her doesn't really help either), but we still have something between us. The only time we can get to see each other is when she's out with a friend and I just meet her somewhere. Its tough. Even though we live so close together, it feels like we're worlds apart. Its finally at her sixteenth birthday party that I realize that I'm truly in love with her and that this is someone I would really want to spend a lot of years together with.

Fast forward one more year. Present day. Jennifer and I are still together, but the "eighteen rule" is still in place, so I NEVER get to see her. It doesn't help that I'm moving out to a town forty-five minutes away at the end of this school year. She's also planning to move to a city four hours away from here when she starts college. I've been scared to talk to her about this. I guess this was our "elephant in the room" that we kept ignoring. I couldn't keep it hidden anymore, so I talked to her about it. She's scared about it too; however, we talked it through and although we don't have a plan just yet, we love each other and we'll see it through together.

Although there's an ever-growing distance between us it'll never stop us from loving each other.

I guess the moral of this is: no matter how far away you are from your significant other, if you truly love and cherish them, no distance can keep you apart.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Computers, Video Games, Philosophy
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Distance :: Comments

Silent_Brad

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:51 am by Silent_Brad

*dries eye*

So, beautiful...

But, really. In my opinion, long distance relationships never work out. But seeing as how you guys seem to be getting along well with your limited contact already, I'd say it won't be too difficult. As long as you guys will be able to see each other once or twice week, you should be able to make it work. Good luck, sir.

Back to top Go down

Paradigm

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 am by Paradigm

That's the thing about it. We NEVER get to see each other as it is. We got to see each other maybe... three times this year probably. I don't want to sneak her out, her folks finding out, and me losing their trust completely.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Back to top Go down

Silent_Brad

Post Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:25 am by Silent_Brad

I really don't know, man. Try to get in good with her folks? Pretend you're some nice neat sunday school kinda guy if you have to. This is just one of those SOOL situations.

Back to top Go down

Paradigm

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 am by Paradigm

I'm trying. Her dad's an ex-NAVY Seal Commando or something to that nature, so I don't really wanna risk my life, lol. I want them to get to know me for who I am and not conform to their standards.

Back to top Go down

Spishnittlestick

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:03 pm by Spishnittlestick

haha, ex SEAL. You're screwed.

I dated a girl for two years and about two months. The last two years we were 1000 miles apart because she moved to NC, and she was broke as hell, so she could never visit me.

And apparently, I'm the bane of my parents' existence or something, so they never let me go visit either.

She cheated on me a few times though, so eh.

Yes, I believe long distance can work, because it worked so well for so long.

I know I can last in long distance ... but the other person is always the question.

Talk about it seriously, and maybe invite her family over for dinner or something. Make sure you're super polite and respectful (Duh) and you should be ok.

And I want to hear more about this uvula business. That's an interesting thing to be born missing xD

Back to top Go down

kissthezombie

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 pm by kissthezombie

I think it can work, but you have to
really love that person and you also
have to have some sort of contact.

Back to top Go down

Paradigm

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm by Paradigm

@Spish: I'm sorry to hear that. Sad I can't exactly invite her folks for supper, as my parents don't even know about her. I'd probably never hear the end of it from my mom (I told her I was dating her a year ago and she flipped out because she was two years younger), and I don't know what my dad would think of it. Oh, and the uvula thing... I was born without one so I didn't talk until I was four years old and my folks sent me to a speech therapist for about seven years. Its all good now.

@kissthezombie: We have contact only by Facebook and text messaging, and its been like that for awhile. The only time we get to see each other is when she hangs out with a friend. I love her and trust her and she thinks the same of me, so I think this'll work out even though its long distance.

Back to top Go down

kissthezombie

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:42 pm by kissthezombie

Well, I think you are off to a great start
if you believe it will work.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum