The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote1010%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote1040%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote100%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote1010%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote1020%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote100%Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance IVIBanner4Kopie

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance

3 posters

Go down

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Empty Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance

Post by Donald Williams Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:27 pm

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/28...ok-govern.html

Ayn Rand took government assistance while decrying others who did the same

Mark Frauenfelder at 10:30 AM Friday, Jan 28, 2011

Noted speed freak, serial-killer fangirl, and Tea Party hero Ayn Rand was also a kleptoparasite, sneakily gobbling up taxpayer funds under an assumed name to pay for her medical treatments after she got lung cancer.

An interview with Evva Pryror, a social worker and consultant to Miss Rand's law firm of Ernst, Cane, Gitlin and Winick verified that on Miss Rand's behalf she secured Rand's Social Security and Medicare payments which Ayn received under the name of Ann O'Connor (husband Frank O'Connor).

As Pryor said, "Doctors cost a lot more money than books earn and she could be totally wiped out" without the aid of these two government programs. Ayn took the bail out even though Ayn "despised government interference and felt that people should and could live independently... She didn't feel that an individual should take help."

But alas she did and said it was wrong for everyone else to do so.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Empty Re: Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance

Post by MasonK565 Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Wow, what a hypocrite. It is people like that who piss me off. That is like me saying "hey guys, don't post on TG because it is rrrrrreally bad." And then look at me right now.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Empty Re: Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance

Post by Donald Williams Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:57 pm

What I find interesting is that the majority of her following are saying that they exploit the government whenever they get the opportunity. This strikes a cord deep within me, if there are individuals who cheat the system while their are individuals who DEPEND on the same government assistance, then these individuals have NO right to eviscerate the present system.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:13 am

Since when was Ayn Rand a Tea Party hero? I've never heard them make mention of her.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:14 am

Cjanz wrote:Since when was Ayn Rand a Tea Party hero? I've never heard them make mention of her.

http://www.examiner.com/populist-in-national/ayn-rand-and-the-tea-party-movement#ixzz1CVC5RrPt

Ayn Rand and the tea party movement

It's interesting to note that at some of the tea parties this past summer, there were signs reflecting back on Atlas Shrugged. Indicating that there were some "Randians" as they were called, marching in the crowds. Some of the signs referenced the great question that comes out of Atlas Shrugged, "Who is John Galt?" John Galt was the hero of Atlas Shrugged, the man who put together a hideaway in Colorado in which he invited people to come and stop producing for the state and come live in his paradise called Galt's Gulch.
[..]
For instance, do you get the impression that these tea party movements we've seen with the signs referencing Atlas Shrugged and John Galt --is that a key? Are the tea party people selfishpeople who do not want to share in their community with people who are not like them? Is that why they marginalize people of a different color, creed, ethnicity, religion or political ideology? Is that what's happening --the so-called "not real Americans" that tea party types tell us about? Is it because they are selfish and they want their country only for them and they resent the fact that a community system, a government on any level --national, state or local-- would have a program that would provide assistance to someone at their expense because they pay taxes that set up those programs? Is that essentially where the tea party movement comes from? The same font as Ayn Rand's objectivism? The selfishness?

Ayn Rand, the hero of the Tea Party, accepted Government Assistance Ayn_ra10

For Another example,

http://coloradoindependent.com/23026/ayn-rand-stars-at-denver-stimulus-tea-party-protest
Ayn Rand stars at Denver stimulus ‘tea party’ protest

One hundred enthusiastic Atlas Shrugged fans braved chilly temperatures on the east steps of the Colorado capitol Friday as part of a nationwide “tea party” protest to rail against the federal stimulus package and the government, in general.Beyond the typical conservative-Libertarian rhetoric was some practical advice on how to “shrug these parasites off our backs” like opening a black market in your own garage.Jenny Hatch of Louisville kicked off the event with a reading from the fictional anti-government manifesto Atlas Shrugged by libertarian darling Ayn Rand.

And finally, this article of the Christian Science Monitor examines the Tea Party's love for Rand.
http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2010/1014/How-is-elitist-Ayn-Rand-a-tea-party-hero-The-contradiction-should-concern-America/(page)/2
How is elitist Ayn Rand a tea party hero? The contradiction should concern America.

At tea party meetings in September, Rand’s name competed in popularity with Jefferson. Some demonstrations even started with a reading from “Atlas Shrugged,” which was coupled with the declaration that this book should be treated as “America’s Second Declaration of Independence.” Laughing Laughing

TLDR-> The Tea Party is in love with Ayn Rand.

I personally believe that Ayn Rand was a hypocritical elitist who championed a discordant philosophy, it should come as no surprise that she used the exact services she decried within much of her material.
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down