The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote1040%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote1010%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote1020%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote100%gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 IVIBanner4Kopie

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

+25
MasonK565
TitsMcgee
Fireflies
TheBoorbarian
bigdaddyt
Dragon
Paradigm
DilliDali
kissthezombie
Taylawr
dolphingirl
macncheese101
somedeadidiot
icesniper
Oliviar
Apollo
Silent_Brad
VioletVenom
Darkest Rocker
MBelle
JakeTheSnake
Cjanz
Spishnittlestick
Donald Williams
fuzzy
29 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Empty gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prove your god is real.
Good luck... (you're going to need it)
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by fuzzy Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 am

bigdaddyt wrote:so your saying everything in the bible is to be taken literaly?

I don't think anything in the bible should be taken literally. At all. It should be disregarded as a piece of very dry, boring, fiction. With lots of blood, gore, and violence advocacy. If it was authored in modern times it definitely wouldn't be put in the children's section needless to say.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it) - Page 18 Empty Re: gOD, ( You all knew I was going to do it)

Post by bigdaddyt Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am

Well im not saying every thing in the Bible should be taken litterally. Boy you so dumb. You dumb boy. How old are you fuzzy 3 cause thats what your doing here. lol!

kthanksby.

ps. not mad bro. u mad?
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male
Interests : Small groups/ debate/ forensics/ hang out with friends/ Have fun//
Registration date : 2010-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:16 am

bigdaddyt wrote:Well im not saying every thing in the Bible should be taken litterally. Boy you so dumb. You dumb boy. How old if fuzzy 3 cause thats what your doing here. lol!

kthanksby.

ps. not mad bro. u mad?

Tyler, you're fucking retarded.

Trolls aside, any serious input people want to put in here?
No trolls = no flame Very Happy
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:17 am

its going to be okay, brad! i understand were your coming from. We have all been in a lost place before.
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:20 am

bigdaddyt wrote:its going to be okay, brad! i understand were your coming from. We have all been in a lost place before.

Its ok Troll, I understand where you're coming from. God damn 7 year olds enjoy bothering people.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey brad i have a question. What makes you think that i have to prove that my God is real?
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JakeTheSnake Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 pm

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/12/19/a-holiday-message-from-ricky-gervais-why-im-an-atheist/

Kind of an interesting article from Ricky Gervais on the whole matter.
JakeTheSnake
JakeTheSnake

Male
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonK565 Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 pm

JakeTheSnake wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/12/19/a-holiday-message-from-ricky-gervais-why-im-an-atheist/

Kind of an interesting article from Ricky Gervais on the whole matter.

Thanks for posting this, I liked this article. I also Ricky too.
MasonK565
MasonK565
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male
Interests : Music, comics, movies
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 am

fuzzy wrote:Logic, History, prayer, (if you're christian) the bible.

Logic... This world is waaaay to ****ed up, and why the hell does an immortal being need a penis??!

Prayer - It says in the bible if you pray and truely believe it will come true.

The bible - O boy, where to start.
1. Stoning women for not being virgin
2. Stoning "rebellious" teenagers(not getting stoned! haha)
3. Intolerance of different people (gays), while it is also stated that all sins are equal, and you shouldn't judge, yet it also tells you to kill gays.
4. If you work on sunday (the sabbath) you're supposed to be put to death?
I can go on but... that should be enough for now.

How can you make a moral accusation in an supposedly amoral universe? if you call yourself an athiest you are stating that you believe the universe has no design or structure, therefore where does your moral standard or law come from?! by saying that something like Stoning women for adultery [btw where exactly in the bible does it say all those things specifically, or do you have no idea because that's just something some told you?] or intolerance of homosexuality is bad or evil you are assuming that there is such a thing as good and such a thing as evil, and you are assuming that there is a moral law upon which to differentiate good from evil. And if you are enstating a moral law you are either enstating a moral law giver (which is the very thing you're trying to disprove) or you are saying that morals are a delusion of the human mind that your apparently just fine with giving into. which makes you an enabler of your own foolishness and insanity either.

churchpunk

Male
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 am

Cjanz wrote:You cannot prove that it's not real, but the fact of the matter is that you can't prove that it IS real. The belief in any type of god is contradictory in itself.

How come we are the only ones with the burdens of proof?? People have believed in God for thousands of years and the athiests are the ones challenging it! Athiests are the ones with the new ideas! Since when has science ever had to come up with more proof for something that has already been understood?

Tell me; which one sounds like a more rational, reasonable process:
Scientists are experimenting to see if it's possible to make a pencil levitate through some sort of magnetic field or something. They create a way that they think might work, but it doesn't work, so they assume that its not a flaw in the machine, because they are convinced their own logic and math and science are perfect so they start challenging and testing and trying to disprove the law of gravity.
Some other scientists are experimenting to see if it's possible to make a pencil levitate through some sort of magnetic field. They create a way that they think might work but it doesn't work so they throw away that machine and start on a new one that acknowledges the law of gravity, because they know that the law of gravity exists and can't be disproven because there is way to much evidence to support it.

churchpunk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:15 am

Cjanz wrote:You cannot prove that it's not real, but the fact of the matter is that you can't prove that it IS real. The belief in any type of god is contradictory in itself.

How the hell is a belief in God contradictory to itself? please ellaborate...

churchpunk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am

churchpunk wrote:

Logic... This world is waaaay to ****ed up, and why the hell does an immortal being need a penis??!

3. Intolerance of different people (gays), while it is also stated that all sins are equal, and you shouldn't judge, yet it also tells you to kill gays.

How can you make a moral accusation in an supposedly amoral universe? if you call yourself an athiest you are stating that you believe the universe has no design or structure, therefore where does your moral standard or law come from?! by saying that something like Stoning women for adultery [btw where exactly in the bible does it say all those things specifically, or do you have no idea because that's just something some told you?] or intolerance of homosexuality is bad or evil you are assuming that there is such a thing as good and such a thing as evil, and you are assuming that there is a moral law upon which to differentiate good from evil. And if you are enstating a moral law you are either enstating a moral law giver (which is the very thing you're trying to disprove) or you are saying that morals are a delusion of the human mind that your apparently just fine with giving into. which makes you an enabler of your own foolishness and insanity either.

No, my 'morals' are that of the betterment of our species. So there is no 'moral giver' as you're trying to make it out that I'm implying. The universe is infact amoral, because guess what, we don't control it. Society on the other hand, has set rules that are for the good of the people (usually anyway...), by following these not only does it make my life easier (excluding speed limits) but it also increases the likelihood of the survival of our species; Which being human, and massively in debt going to college (to you know.. better our species) I have a vested interest in.

So secular morals aren't enabling the bullshit of the bible, they're a given while living in civilation. Good try though.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 am

churchpunk wrote:

How come we are the only ones with the burdens of proof?? People have believed in God for thousands of years and the athiests are the ones challenging it! Athiests are the ones with the new ideas! Since when has science ever had to come up with more proof for something that has already been understood?

Scientists are experimenting to see if it's possible to make a pencil levitate through some sort of magnetic field or something. They create a way that they think might work, but it doesn't work, so they assume that its not a flaw in the machine, because they are convinced their own logic and math and science are perfect so they start challenging and testing and trying to disprove the law of gravity.
Some other scientists are experimenting to see if it's possible to make a pencil levitate through some sort of magnetic field. They create a way that they think might work but it doesn't work so they throw away that machine and start on a new one that acknowledges the law of gravity, because they know that the law of gravity exists and can't be disproven because there is way to much evidence to support it.

Sorry for the multipost...

"people have believed in gods for thousands of years. Key word, gODS (catch the non cap there?). They all vary from region to region, and then christians are foolish enough to claim their god is unique in anyway... most of the stories in the bible are plagiarized from previous pagan beliefs anyway. So again nice try, and wtf are you trying to point out with this science 'argument'.
Understanding through experimentation, and reproduction of that experiment by other scientists around the world, backed by theoretical computation.
I'm sure this whole, informed belief thing is new to most christians, as most are completely content with ignorance. While, for the most part, atheists aren't content with not knowing, we want the truth even if it scares us.
And the things about christians, you can’t tell ‘em nothing
Because they know every goddamn thing about something
More ignorant than Michael Vick setting up dog fights.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:43 am

Cjanz wrote:Yet, how can anyone prove those were acts of god?

Well, I guess you can assume that over 500 people went delusional at the exact same time and all halucinated seeing Jesus die in the exact same way and then halucinate seeing him and speaking with him 3 days later. Or you could assume that 11 men (mostly people who would be considered poor rednecks then) between 15 and 18 years old somehow defeated several trained roman soldiers, then hypnotized them into thinking there was an earthquake, then rolled a way a "stone" that most likely wayed between 10 and 15 tones then stole the body of Jesus and convinced hundreds of people to lie (and they all did, perfectly), and then all 11 of them died excrutiatingly painful deaths just because they wouldn't denie what they belived.
But I think I'm gonna go with the rational choice.

churchpunk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:15 am

fuzzy wrote:
churchpunk wrote:

No, my 'morals' are that of the betterment of our species. So there is no 'moral giver' as you're trying to make it out that I'm implying. The universe is infact amoral, because guess what, we don't control it. Society on the other hand, has set rules that are for the good of the people (usually anyway...), by following these not only does it make my life easier (excluding speed limits) but it also increases the likelihood of the survival of our species; Which being human, and massively in debt going to college (to you know.. better our species) I have a vested interest in.

So secular morals aren't enabling the bullshit of the bible, they're a given while living in civilation. Good try though.

So (and this is going off what you said) if your morals are based on betterment and survival of the species then why is not killing homosexuals (and i'm not saying thats ok) a part of your moral fiber?? they don't benifit the species at all. they live and die and take up space. It's imposible for them to reproduce. now, I believe that homosexuals are human beings with souls who have been givin life and it's not my place to judge them or treat them as any less of a human being than myself, and the few places in the Bible where it talks about specifically punishing or killing homosexuals is about men who were not just gay, but men who would rape men (most english translations unfortunately don't say that part because it's like to offensive or something) just . but if human beings don't have souls, then why not just get rid of the weaker ones? I mean if you really wanna go with the whole survival and betterment of the species thing, at least be consistant. If you ask me, Hitler was the only consistant atheist I've ever heard of. He was a Social Darwinist and he belived that Germans were the strongest, smartest breed of human beings, so he did everything he could to "better the species" and eliminate people (Jews) who hindered that. By saying that your morals are based on survival and betterment of the species, wouldn't you also say that someone who, I don't know, helps people "weaker" than themselves is more evil than Hitler. Would you say that hitler was not evil? All he wanted to do was improve the species?

churchpunk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by churchpunk Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

fuzzy wrote:
churchpunk wrote:

"people have believed in gods for thousands of years. Key word, gODS (catch the non cap there?). They all vary from region to region, and then christians are foolish enough to claim their god is unique in anyway... most of the stories in the bible are plagiarized from previous pagan beliefs anyway. So again nice try, and wtf are you trying to point out with this science 'argument'.
Understanding through experimentation, and reproduction of that experiment by other scientists around the world, backed by theoretical computation.
I'm sure this whole, informed belief thing is new to most christians, as most are completely content with ignorance. While, for the most part, atheists aren't content with not knowing, we want the truth even if it scares us.

As for the uniqueness of the Christian God and the Bible
1. (go to 4:05 if you wanna skip the stuff that doesn't have much to do with the specific subject at hand) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHRP0I2SrVs
2. What stories in the Bible are "plagarized" from pagan religions?
3. The Bible is not just some magical, religious, spiritual rulebook that teaches you how to make your life better or what rules to follow to get to heaven like the Koran or countless other religious books. Given there are parts that are not historical acounts, and obviously can't be taken literally (If a book is a collection of poems, we're not gonna treat it like a history book) it is for the most part a historical acount besides books like Leviticus (which I believe has absolutely no relevence to todays world and should not be looked at as something we belive) and Psalms (which was not written for the purpose of proving God
4. There is absolutely nothing that is able to be proven/disproven historically that will is disproven in the Bible.
5. This guy was an athiest for years and his goal in life was to prove God and the Christian faith wrong. All he found was evidence for the oppisite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaaSxTaLvY&feature=related
As for the scientest thing yeah, that was kind of a crappy analogy... haha, sorry about that.

churchpunk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 pm

thats a very good post church punk! lol
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm

churchpunk wrote:
fuzzy wrote:
churchpunk wrote:

As for the uniqueness of the Christian God and the Bible
1. (go to 4:05 if you wanna skip the stuff that doesn't have much to do with the specific subject at hand) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHRP0I2SrVs
2. What stories in the Bible are "plagarized" from pagan religions?
3. The Bible is not just some magical, religious, spiritual rulebook that teaches you how to make your life better or what rules to follow to get to heaven like the Koran or countless other religious books. Given there are parts that are not historical acounts, and obviously can't be taken literally (If a book is a collection of poems, we're not gonna treat it like a history book) it is for the most part a historical acount besides books like Leviticus (which I believe has absolutely no relevence to todays world and should not be looked at as something we belive) and Psalms (which was not written for the purpose of proving God
4. There is absolutely nothing that is able to be proven/disproven historically that will is disproven in the Bible.
5. This guy was an athiest for years and his goal in life was to prove God and the Christian faith wrong. All he found was evidence for the oppisite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaaSxTaLvY&feature=related
As for the scientest thing yeah, that was kind of a crappy analogy... haha, sorry about that.

1. This doesn't actually prove anything, the 'prophecies' of the bible are vague as hell, and are completely up to interpretation, so by taking a vague work and applying to a event in history that happens to correlate doesn't support anything.
-----a. An example of this would be Nostradamus, he predicted "In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654" Does this mean he predicted 9/11? No. Its vague, and can distorted as the reader wants.

2. Hmm... let me think about that one... oh fuck, whats it called. Lol oh yeahhhh... the story of... Christ maybe? Yeah thats it! Its a story of astronomy, the whole story happens in the sky, every year. If you'd like me to take a shit on your beliefs, press for this story, it'll take a whole new post. Quite interesting.

3. The fact of the matter is Organized religion actively interprets it literally, so what you are and are not supposed to do with it is irrelevant. And wtf is this shit, you can't just sever books out of the bible because 'they don't apply to today', if you are to say what is and what isn't gods word, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT of believing your damned holy book.

4. I'm not quite sure what you tried to say here... so I'll try to read between the lines...
How about... disproving the creation story? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QYDdgP9eg&feature=grec_index ... auch. it hurts so good Very Happy

5. I love how christians cite 'ex-atheists', and hope it makes their arguments any more legitimate. Just to prove my point... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjxZ6MrBl9E

In that case, I'd say he was looking for shitty evidence, because all legitimate evidence says is the exact opposite your points are trying to make.

Also, in response to a previous thread, you're a fuck for bringing up hitler. Killing millions of innocence doesn't further our species, it furthers a social goal you stupid fuck. I can't believe you'd make such a connection. I think this is proof of religious poison in your head.
How much potential was lost during those years, so much innovation could have resulted from the people killed.

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:42 pm

You want to blame me for the way you hate yourself
You think you can find who you are in someone else
Criticize to better your relative positioning
You've got a long way to go

So go and weave your tale of woe Convincing yourself it's all
You're so set to fail
Somewhere you finally lost your way
Only yourself left to betray

A needless hippie repairing you despair
You take great measure to appear like you don't care
The decision and persuasion must Deceit thee properly
You lost it before you began

You're so set to fail

You're so set to fail

You're so set to fail

I'll just leave this here....
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TitsMcgee Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:27 pm

1. Prayer proves nothing- if all prayers came true, then there would be no point in religion. God would just be a dictator instead of a faith-based enigma. It would defeat the purpose of "accepting Jesus as the savior" and therefore defeat the purpose of earning one's way to heaven. Your interpretation destroys the entire point of Christianity which proves that Prayer is not an example for how God does not exist. It just proves that God isn't stupid.

2. The basics/politics of the bible were driven by a corrupt European Theocratic government during Christendom. It was politically sound to use the bible to control the way proles thought about outsiders. "Stoning virgins/gays" was the government's birth control. Violence against outsiders not only increased nationalism, but created a distinct Us/Then dichotomy to make room for an emerging super power. if it can be done in the name of religion, then there can be no organized resistance. This proves that "Nit-Picking" the bible does nothing to discredit the fundamental basis of the religion. Your point only proves that religion is the perfect target for a corrupt government to control the minds of its people.

3. Immortal being needs a penis? WTF. Don't waste my time with this. You have to keep in mind the audience that those pictures were for. 95% percent were illiterate. What would the common 2nd century European peasant think if he saw a picture of God and there was an empty/bald crotch patch (euphemistically speaking). He would be like, "Oh shit! God's not the all powerful guy i thought he was." it would strip the image of God of its dignity.

4. If you think religion is so bad and violent, EXPLAIN WHY OVER 100 MILLION DEATHS HAVE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH ATHEIST GOVERNMENTS IN THE LAST CENTURY.
TitsMcgee
TitsMcgee

Male
Interests : Outdoors, sports, weights, debate.
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TitsMcgee Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Spishnittlestick wrote:
macncheese101 wrote:You want more? You worship your precious science and modern medicine? Fine, convince me. Tell me how all this, everything you see, tell me how it got here....

This is actually a really cool concept. After the universe was created from the big bang, the earth was formed from coalescing gas and rock. Starting out, there were inorganic compounds, which provided elements needed for organic compounds later.

The conditions on earth were pretty intense. Boiling waters, barren rocks, constant lightning, etc. It was known as the "Hot Soup" or "Primeval Soup".

These molecules clustered together to form coacervates, which are protein-like substances that displayed the first signs of life. They started to grow, and eventually, a mutation that Richard Dawkins called 'The Replicator' began to copy its DNA and reproduce. This may sound like a long shot, but considering there were sooo many years involved, one random mutation isn't that hard to believe. Eventually, these things supplemented additional compounds by the process of nutrition, and even began releasing energy through respiration!

This sounds pretty strange, maybe. But Stanley Miller and Harold Urey made an experiment to prove it!

See the amino acids? They're the building blocks of proteins, which on earth mutated into other replicators for competition!

Another point would be the Heterotroph Hypothesis. The main gases of early earth did not contain CO2, so Heterotrophic respiration started (Finding and consuming food). There was no O2, so Anaerobic respiration was needed for energy. Doing so put CO2 into the atmosphere. From here, Autotrophs could make food themselves, and with these processes, O2 was released for Aerobic respiration. Organisms just got more and more complex, and that's how stuff got to how it is today. It happened slowly and steadily throughout 4.6 Billion years or so.

Ta da. Evolution, in a nutshell.

I'm going to give credit to my Bio teacher, Mr. McCarthy for excellent note outlines.
And of course, Richard Dawkins and his book The Selfish Gene

It was game over after your first sentence. The question is how did all of this get here. The big bang is not an answer- i am a christian and believe in the big bang and evolution. The question is...what created the singularity that created the energy necessary to create the big bang. everything you said after the big bang makes perfect since, and i can roll with it (it didn't prove that god didn't cause it to happen, it just proves how he did it) WHERE DID THE ENERGY FROM THE BIG BANG COME FROM. nature can't create nature. something objectively interjected which is why we call god SUPERnatural. Its the only way to disprove the most fundamental scientific theory: energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
TitsMcgee
TitsMcgee

Male
Interests : Outdoors, sports, weights, debate.
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddyt Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

One thing about Christianity is that we dont need evidence to prove everything. Thats all you people think its based on is evidence and its not. It is true that scientist believe in the big bang. The fact is is that there being miss led. The other people are jacked up. Truely if you want to go to the evidence battle. Christianity will come up on top. The only thing that athiest are trying to do is prove there point and Christians dont need to. I mean some people are Christians because they want to avoid going to Hell. Really some more people are Christatins cause either thts the way they are raised, and then they falll into the reality that lifes pretty hard being a Christian but good things turn out.
bigdaddyt
bigdaddyt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cjanz Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:07 pm

bigdaddyt wrote:One thing about Christianity is that we dont need evidence to prove everything. Thats all you people think its based on is evidence and its not. It is true that scientist believe in the big bang. The fact is is that there being miss led. The other people are jacked up. Truely if you want to go to the evidence battle. Christianity will come up on top. The only thing that athiest are trying to do is prove there point and Christians dont need to. I mean some people are Christians because they want to avoid going to Hell. Really some more people are Christatins cause either thts the way they are raised, and then they falll into the reality that lifes pretty hard being a Christian but good things turn out.

My views on religion have changed quite substantially over the last few years, and things I've said on here dating back two years ago don't really represent what I believe anymore. That being said, I see where you're coming from, Tyler, but there are a few problems - not with your arguments, but with some of the background behind those points.

On being Christian just to avoid going to Hell, I feel that this is contradictory to Christianity. It's called Pascal's Wager and it's truly a cop out. You basically choose to believe for the sake of having nothing to lose; whereas, true Christians are appointed to devout following for their interpretation of [a] God.

It applies to both sides, though. There is also the Atheist's wager. It states that we are on Earth for the betterment of the species and that doing so under an Atheistic pretense either reaps the reward of being remembered socially in the case of nonexistence, and the prize of merit and understanding on the contrary. To put it simply, it's a win-win, but it is an entirely selfish view which I do not condone either.

Nextly, it is completely understandable that people are brought up into a religion. I wish it weren't so in society. I would rather see us guided by our parents to choose what is right for us rather than what they think is universal rule. Our intellectuality is paramount, why not use it? In the end, there would be inevitable confidence in the basis of your knowledge - no matter what you choose. That would not only make it more cherishable, but also more legitimate. No one can tear down those legitimacies when you seek them within yourself.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by G-force55 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 am

God is real, there are sooo many questions that get answered and there are some that cant be answered, but as humans we cant have an answer to everything. i dont care if you dont like god, but he is real. you cant deny it. all this cant just be made out of no where.
G-force55
G-force55

Male
Interests : Holding jakes hand, hunting, fishing for tuna flavored tacos, snocky boarding down the firey pits of hell, and of course robbing the local quicky mart.
Registration date : 2011-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:00 pm

G-force55 wrote:God is real, there are sooo many questions that get answered and there are some that cant be answered, but as humans we cant have an answer to everything. i dont care if you dont like god, but he is real. you cant deny it. all this cant just be made out of no where.

Nope, its this kind of ignorance that justifies the abolishment of religious institutions.
We as humans can have the answer to everything. You obviously do care that I don't like the idea of god, because you're posting; and real life proves he isn't real.
Why could this have not come out of 'no where' ?
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next