The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Gathering
[table width=350 style="background:white;border:silver 1px solid; padding:3px;margin-left:5px"][tr][td]coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Admini10[/td]
[td]

Welcome to the anything and everything forum, The Gathering.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td colspan="2"]You may either choose to log-in, or register if you have not yet joined! TG contains a plethora of organic content that is sure to spark your interests.

We hope you enjoy your visit.

Sincerely, Cjanz, Donald Williams, JaketheSnake, MasonK565 and Silent_Brad
Forum Staff
[/td][/tr][/table]
The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Extras

Gallery

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Empty
Poll

Which 3 (Or less) in 1997?

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote1010%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote1040%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 40% [ 4 ]
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote100%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote1010%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 10% [ 1 ]
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote1020%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 20% [ 2 ]
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote100%coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) I_vote11 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Latest topics
» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'The Hangover Part II' (2011)
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Apocalypse Now' (1979)
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:07 pm by Timma1986

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Almost Famous' (2000)
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:54 pm by Timma1986

» AGGRON!
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:25 pm by ZIMMER1994

» Anybody Collect Anything?
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm by lakeg

» Tim's Movie Review of the Day: 'Shaun of the Dead' (2004)
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm by Timma1986

» Original Riffs
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:43 am by Cjanz

» Which 2011 sequel are you most excited for?
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm by MasonK565

» RELEASE!
coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm by MasonK565

Affiliates

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) IVIBanner4Kopie

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Get-attachment-1_reasonably_small

The Open World Project is trying to raise money so that a school in Nepal can get at least two laptops with internet access. This could change the world for a generation of children.

Support Us!

Follow TG!

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore)

+3
Taylawr
Cjanz
VioletVenom
7 posters

Go down

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Empty coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore)

Post by VioletVenom Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 pm

How should I do this? She isn't a homophobic, and we chat over AIM so typing is a lot easier than physically speaking...but making the words come out would be hard. A part of me wants to wait until
a) i actually do experience something intimate with a male (even though I highly doubt i'd like it) just so she won't say ,"..well how do you know you don't like guys if you've never been with one?" and also since I'm 15 and I might change, who knows.
b)When I'm eighteen. By then, I should know for sure of my sexuality, (even though I'm pretty sure now I just don't want her to tell me not to put my finger on anything when I'm 15 and might possibly change).

So, what should I do fellow gathering-ers?
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Location : Buried in the thick fog of Oregon's beautiful forests
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Empty Re: coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore)

Post by Cjanz Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:49 pm

I think the best way to avoid the "how could you know what you like?" lectures is if when you do "come out", you mention that you realize that your feelings are liable to change, and that nothing is for certain.
Cjanz
Cjanz
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : New music, philosophy, technology in general, culture, language, religion, and debate
Registration date : 2008-06-19

http://www.the-gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore) Empty Re: coming out (so my mom doesn't ask me what types of boys I liek anymore)

Post by Taylawr Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 pm

well, you have to keep yourself open to her suggestions or you won't be able to avoid argument.

you may want to say it in a sort of questionable sense, like, "maybe I don't like boys" and it'd be lowered to her more softly.
Taylawr
Taylawr

Female
Interests : a few friends, music
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliviar Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Depends on the parent. I have a friend and she told her mom she didn't know what she liked, and her mom was like, "cool".

My mom would freak out. I'd personally wait a while just to figure it out
Oliviar
Oliviar

Female
Interests : Musical, nerdy things.
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Donald Williams Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 am

My parents both have told me they wouldn't care at all, but I'm straight and this probably doesn't help you.
If I were you I'd talk about it with your mom, not about your beliefs, but homosexuality itself, so she knows and has time to adjust, (if she has to at all). It could be a hard thing for a parent if the last thing she finds out about you before you start your life is that you will never find "prince charming." (If shes set on that dream.)
Donald Williams
Donald Williams
Admin
Admin

Male
Interests : Life, Writing, Women ;), History, Debate.
Registration date : 2008-06-19

https://the-gathering.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 am

Well if you're set with this sexuality its probably going to be princess charming:P

If you tell her now avoid the whole confrontations... kind of things? You know...

Or you can wait til you're 18 when she can't do anything and just has to accept it.. nothing really being able to said that you can't request to stop.
fuzzy
fuzzy

Male
Interests : Computers/Religion
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://ultra-omega.niffith.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:17 pm

It's fine to be confused, lol. It's hard to form opinions without any real experience. Bisexuality is always probable as well, I have a couple of Bi friends. Someday I'm sure you'll know for sure, and there are no worries about any of it. Just be yourself and everything will be fine.

And I know some people that just aren't interested sexually at all, and at a high school level, it's really not that important anyway.

As for the 'how' part...Hm. Just as long as your mom is understanding, I don't think it would be too bad. You can say that you're confused and she'll probably understand, lol. Instead of just dropping the bombshell, let her know that something is on your mind. you can use elipses (...) and other stuff. All you really have to do is say something to "Look, there's something I kinda wanted to talk to you about..." or something of that nature.

You can wait on it all if you want. Just say you need time to figure it out for yourself, lol. Eventually after spending lots of time with other people, both male and female, you will most likely find what makes you feel best. The main thing is don't rush to a conclusion, just live and have fun Smile Don't fill your head with questions you can't answer. LIVE and you'll find out for yourself with life experience.

I've never had to do anything of the sort, but that sounds reasonable enough, can't you agree? Let me know if any of this helps Wink
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:06 am

Thanks Spish your posts always help me Very Happy

Well thing is I don't think I like boys but I know I deff like girls. I guess I should just wait then.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Spishnittlestick Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:26 am

haha, I'm glad I could help Smile

Well, you're fifteen now, that leaves PLENTY of time to figure out what you want. I'm sure that at some point, with one person...you'll just know. I guess it can happen suddenly, just like that :p

And besides, most guys are losers, so I can't blame you :p

That and you can do what my English teacher always says:

"Focus on what you DO know"
Spishnittlestick
Spishnittlestick
Top Poster
Top Poster

Male
Interests : Art, Music, Technology, Veganism, Straight Edge
Registration date : 2008-06-26

http://www.myspace.com/spishnittlestick

Back to top Go down

Post by VioletVenom Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:30 pm

haha good quote. Well a lot of girls suck too. So I think it's fair game for both genders. FTR I know more cooler guys than cooler girls.
VioletVenom
VioletVenom
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down